MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

St George's day

St George's day (3) - Forums [Biker Match] St George's day (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

St George's day

only if u no all the words

Update Reply
kaycat @ 25/04/2012 22:50  

I know the words, i just can't sing that well. That not really true, i can't sing at all.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 25/04/2012 22:57  

yeh you did

my only antagonistic bit of the post was ..if offended please leave by the tunnel provided ...is its still mined for emergencies ?

but my comment on your post "not interested" ...why post if your not interested ????

were you a script righter for Lauren Cooper.."not bovvered"

...your not related to the infamous Mr Angry from Perly

never said dont post just why post if your not interested

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 23:52  

rag hope your humming jerusalem

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 23:53  

Well I had a good St Georges day and hope everyone else did The way I see it is we should all respect the traditions of others, whether that be their patrant saint, the flag they follow, religion or lack of. It does not matter where they originated from. I am not at all religious, but for those who are, do they question where Jesus came from. He certainly wasn't English or British, but people from the UK and around the world follow him. The nationality therefore does not matter. It's the same for other religions. What matters is that we have adopted a flag and a saint. So thats the way it is and has been for a long time. This should be respected by others as the English way, the same as we respect others who follow a different flag and saint. It has been unfair in the past that our flag should be viewed in a different way, due to it's use by a minority of semi political organisations. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that, so we have to live with it and bring back the respect. Being part of the UK is a little strange because we have two flags to follow. The union jack hopefully brings us all together. Going back to George and the dragon. To me this is a symbolic thing, suggesting that we have a protector of good over evil. Whether this be from folk law, mythology or whatever does not matter. Resoect to each other and ride safe Anyway I missed out on Kay's popcorn and Ragnars singing, so maybe another time

Update Reply
davidneale @ 26/04/2012 06:17  

will post again next year 23rd of April

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2012 08:05  

I made it clear that I wasn't interested in celebrating St Georges day and made it clear I thought it was a shame that St George etc had been hi-jacked by racists/thugs where real people were implicated.
All you can do now is throw insults at me. The measure of a small mind surely!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 26/04/2012 09:51  

I wish people would call the Union flag the union flag and not the union jack. the jack part relates to the pole on the back of a ship the union flag flys from. Now i'm going back into the corner to hum Jerusalum and munch on my popcorn that Kay made for me.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 26/04/2012 10:19  

Ok your right there I forgot that jack, sorry I mean rag. Turn the volume up

Update Reply
davidneale @ 26/04/2012 10:29  

sssh! dont mention the flag

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2012 14:37  

Ragnar said: I wish people would call the Union flag the union flag and not the union jack. the jack part relates to the pole on the back of a ship the union flag flys from. I say here! here!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/04/2012 15:22  

I agree!!! *apart from the jackstaff being on the bow, the Ensign is flown at the stern* Ill be taking my flag down tomorrow after the traditional 7 day hoist.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2012 19:46  

Go back and read my posts Grizzly, perhaps then you can stop your snide posts!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 26/04/2012 20:05  

ok i really can't be arsed deleting and editing all the mess and trash here, but if anyone continues dragging this topic (or others) down then I'll be dishing out suspensions.

What a way to really damage BM, very well done!

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/04/2012 20:16  

Sorry Matt

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/04/2012 22:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email