MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

christmas

christmas - Forums [Biker Match] christmas - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

christmas

what is your fondest memories of christmas

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/12/2011 19:33  

when I worked for the AA and told Santa he didnt have 'home start' lol
bah humbug lol

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 14/12/2011 19:44  

only kidding folks|!!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 14/12/2011 19:46  

Christmas 1985, my son's first Christmas age 4 months. Christmas 2009, my mum's last Christmas, altho we didn't know it would be. We (mum, me, sis Mags and Lindsay, another niece) gathered at my niece's Tracey's home. Tracey did us a lovely meal and put on a few party games, we all had a giggle, it was a lovely memory to look back on

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/12/2011 00:43  

Being a kid and not been able to sleep the night before and hanging up my stocking. Just like to say I have stopped wearing stockings as I got older lol.

Update Reply
Gizzmo7 @ 15/12/2011 16:03  

so you say Gizzmo we believe you (not)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/12/2011 23:44  

Waking up early one Christmas morning, flinging my bedroom door open to run down to see if Santa had been and promptly falling over my Christmas presents that had been left out side my bedroom door!

To this day I don't know why mum and dad put them there lol, I've always assumed they were drunk and couldn't be bothered to put them under the tree!

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 16/12/2011 00:07  

The orange wrapped in tissue paper. (Only those of us at a certain age will appreciate that one!!)

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 16/12/2011 00:08  

I remember the orange. Did you get the nuts too?

Update Reply
lawnmower @ 16/12/2011 00:10  

Oooh Alice my orange was always in a stocking! Yes and the nuts!

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 16/12/2011 00:10  

Lol Alice an artificial christmas tree that bore a remarkable resemblance to a load of bog brushes stuck together

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 16/12/2011 00:13  

did you get the lump of coal for good luck

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2011 00:17  

To this day I still have a piece of coal in the house! A cat made from bits of coal and an actual piece of coal that I found in the garden. The land my house is built on used to be a coal yard!!!!

Loving the image of the bog brush tree Minnie! lol

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 16/12/2011 00:20  

I was just thinking about the lump of coal and I think we got that on New Years Eve in Manchester Lying in bed on New Years Eve when I was little and listening to all the hooters and sirens going off on the ships moored up in Manchester docks....yes, I know it was a bloody long time ago but the docks used to be full of ships!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 16/12/2011 00:22  

I remember the tissue wrapped orange too also used to get sugar mice , nuts and a handfull of shiny 2p pieces

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 16/12/2011 00:44  

chipping a tooth on a hexagonal threepenny bit in the xmas pud

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 16/12/2011 00:50  

going rutting one nite finding presents and playing with them
mum tell me the sater would not bring them now (i thout ye rite)
xmass day moning no presses o wat a lovly day that was (never went ruting again still dont)
geting the presseys on boxing day my mum was not that meen lol
o i was adout 9 -10 at the time

i was a cheky kid thou
unlike now shy quiet and retiring

Update Reply
kaycat @ 16/12/2011 15:54  

Yes Mini , the coal is new year here , open the back door to let the old year out, the front door to let the new year in & the 1st person over the threshold (supposed to be a dark haired person) has to bring in bread, Salt & coal ... I believe that dates back to 'olden days' all symbols of luck bread so the household were kept fed, salt for wealth & coal for heating ... the Scots also include a 'nip' too , tho what thats lucky for I dont know lol

Christmas I remember the Orange in the toe of my Xmas stocking & the nuts with them , then looking high & low for dad's hammer lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/12/2011 21:11  

...the Scots also include a 'nip' too , tho what thats lucky for I dont know lol Shell, it's so they don't freeze in Scotland, that's why they drink so much, to keep warm Christmas aint the same for me as it was when my son was a child. I loved watching his surprised look, on Christmas morning, when he opened his pressies.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/12/2011 06:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email