MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Garmin new maps

Garmin new maps - Forums [Biker Match] Garmin new maps - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Garmin new maps

Just uploaded new 2012 maps to sat nav, what a palaver, girl at Garmin had to take over and run laptop and it took her over 1/2 hour. then it took 3and a half hours to download on my dongle, had to recharge it twice used about 5g, and that was only uk maps, got to put Europe on a 4gb SD card. Why can't they delete all internal memory and go from there. All of western Europe is on the Mac somewhere, not found it yet, I know its there I got over 10g of memory missing and used.
Could have bought an awful lot of maps.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 17/08/2011 00:00  

Goodness Harry that sounds like an issue for you

Ian n I both have Garmins which we have lifetime updates for & have never had any issues doing updates ... certainly not like that.

Which is it ? Ian has Zumo 550 & I have Zumo 660

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/08/2011 19:18  

Buy a map of Europe take about 2 mins from shelf to till

Update Reply
JP @ 17/08/2011 21:07  

Hi Shell, Zumo 550, me and computers don't get on, not enough practice, miss things and don't double click when one should.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 17/08/2011 22:16  

like shell, have lifetime maps, zumo 550, but an earlier one (with the 2gig memory) so have to delete lots every time i update otherwise not enough memory to download, such as saved routes, old "favorites" and recent data, if you do that and just leave it to sort itself out over night its usually ok.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 18/08/2011 00:46  

If you want to free up space connect it to your pc and within the menu options delete all languages other than the one you want this will give you some extra room hth If anyone wants a tutorial I will post one ? Twin

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 18/08/2011 17:42  

did that a while ago twin, i think the prob with my nav, is its old (like me) and full of "favorites" being cafes, cake shops, fav roads in europe, and hotels i like, using up its limited memory (2mb instead of the new 5`s) i do not seem to be able to delete "french emily`s " voice though, that would be just wrong!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 03/09/2011 20:35  

Too many fond memories with French Emily eh, Yeti?

Update Reply
desres @ 03/09/2011 20:49  

least argumentative navigator i`ve ever had, and never once said "i told you so" which is a common occurance with my navigating (though to be honest that depends on the view, cafes and how twisty the road looks far more than an actual destination if folk are ever stupid enough to let me in front)

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 03/09/2011 21:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email