MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Just an idea

Just an idea (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Just an idea (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Just an idea

Says you Sandi as you wander off for your torch

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2011 00:35  

what bobby has suggested sound like a more localised version of the Round Britain Rally aka Landmarks. I can probably come up with something along those lines although it would take a bit more planning than a standard treasure hunt. Either way I'm pretty sure I can use my contacts to get a main prize and possibly some spot prizes as well. Once I've got the final band booked and confirmed for the Autumn Camp and I know everything there is finalised I'll get to work on some sort of charity treasure hunt. To give me some sort of idea of what people want please post below what sort of mileage you'd expect assuming it was a one day treasure hunt, and also if you'd be looking at going home afterwards, or stopping for a drink and wanting somewhere to pitch a tent.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 05/08/2011 03:09  

@BBZ You know me Dave I like to help out where and when I can how about you?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2011 06:19  

@ Yorky, no problem with helpin out at all, just don't want something "up my end" or these ride outs may be for my benefit

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2011 07:53  

you are spot on simon, Norton owners club started the round britain rally in the 70s. the one i did was organised by the scottish arial owners, hence why it was all in scotland! you could split the country into regions, theme the rally(castles, momuments, abbeys). pick a few from each to make a national. with the idea to raise money for charity, the more options, the better, those interested pay for the list of landmarks, charity gets the money, even if they dont complete the list. i would say april to september, that give 6 months to do it! then some kind of meet up in october for those who took part! again with the idea of any money going to charity!

Update Reply
bobbyfrankenstein @ 05/08/2011 10:19  

sounds like a reasonable idea to me bobby; I'll put the idea to the rest of the entertainments team and see what they think. Maybe we could arrange a national event which is regionalised.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 05/08/2011 23:55  

Simon you got exactly what i was thinking, let me know if you need ant help and il do what i can xx

Update Reply
Sanzuki @ 07/08/2011 12:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email