MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

honda deuville help

honda deuville help - Forums [Biker Match] honda deuville help - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

honda deuville help

Hi i have honda deuville 650 i,v damaged the fairing and can only find 700 ones on ebay,can anyone tellmw if they wii fit

Update Reply
daffy @ 03/01/2011 19:13  

Nope sorry mate,.. they are a long way differant. The 650 ones do turn up on e-bay about once a month, but be prepaired to have to spray it.

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 03/01/2011 19:24  

It may be worth seeing if yours can be plastic welded

Update Reply
Gsxskye @ 09/01/2011 20:39  

ABS plastic glues very well with cyanoacrylate availiable from builders merchants as 'mitre fast' you don't need to use the accelerator.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 09/01/2011 20:42  

That 'Wynns Industrial Adhesive' stuff is very good on fairings,.. as long as you have all the bits obviously! Like Yamahama said, you don't need to use the activator, but if you do, don't use the brush, because it can waste the rest of the activator in the bottle, use the aerosol thing. It also helps to cut a real shallow 'V' shaped groove in the back face of the plastic, along the crack, just to get a bit deeper glue depth.

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 09/01/2011 21:58  

I use styrene sheet to make the bits that are missing. It bends and thermo forms for the odd shaped bits

Update Reply
yamahama @ 09/01/2011 22:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email