MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Good Rockin' Tonight!

Good Rockin' Tonight! - Forums [Biker Match] Good Rockin' Tonight! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Good Rockin' Tonight!

Off to Birmingham NEC tonight to see Deep Purple with special guests, Thin Lizzy and Styx. Been waiting for this day for months and can't wait to go.

Gig starts at about 6.45pm. Anyone else going? If so, maybe we can meet up for a pre-gig drink.

Rock on y'all!!!

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 03/05/2007 05:18  

wow have a fab night 2w's wish i was goin

Update Reply
RC @ 03/05/2007 05:19  

awww 2ws hope you have a fab time mate let us know all about it

Update Reply
storm @ 03/05/2007 10:46  

whos styx

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 03/05/2007 12:05  

have a gr8 time, wish i was there with ya

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/05/2007 13:04  

does anyone know who they are? plz lol

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 03/05/2007 14:37  

Styx are fab Bettyboop try to find a track called 'Wanted Man', or maybe it's called 'The Hangman'. Help 2W! "Oh mamma I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law. Hangman is coming out from the the shadows and I don't have very long......." What's it called? Anyway Bettyboop, they're a really really good old fashioned rock band.

Update Reply
Redreynard @ 03/05/2007 17:32  

deep purple and thin lizzy are 2 of my faves 2ws,am sooooo jealous! hope u have/had and excellent time!

Update Reply
witchiest @ 03/05/2007 17:37  

thanx red im still lost lmao

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 03/05/2007 18:19  

didnt styx sing a song called babe???

Update Reply
RC @ 03/05/2007 19:44  

did ya have a good time then 2ws ????????

Update Reply
storm @ 04/05/2007 04:12  

They did RC and yes Red, they do do a song called "The Hangman" which was a track they played last night.

It was an excellent night, my ears are still ringing

Thin Lizzy came on stage first for a 45 minute set. Now fronted my original member John Sykes on guitar and vocals, with Scott Goram (guitar), Marco Mendoza (bass) and Tommy Aldridge (drums). In all truth, they sound no worse now than they did back in their heyday. On full bore from the start, they really got the night going, finishing the set with the ever durable and "if ya don't play it we'll kill ya" track "The Boys Are Back In Town".

Styx were on next and as ever played their music like they live there life, fast and loud. Their most famous song "Babe" seems to have slipped out of the playlist in the last few years as they're got older and harder in their music. But with songs like "The Hangman", "Come Sail Away" as well as their cover version of "I am The Walrus" from the "Big Bang Theory" album of 2005, they pretty much carried on from where "Lizzy" finished off.

And finally, the headliners, Deep Purple. Fronted by Ian Gillan and with such names as Don Airey (keyboards), Roger Glover (bass), Ian Paice (drums) and Steve Morse (guitar).
Not sure whether it was the late start, but for some reason "Purple" didn't seem to have the energy to start with, rattling through four songs in quick succession before pausing to greet the audience which from the moment they came on stage, all stood (right until the end of the night - something that they didn't do for the previous two). Once some of the "classic" Deep Purple songs started to be played, this seemed to lift the band and the energy seemed to return. The set was finished off by a very long version (made mainly by the 10 minute guitar solo by Steve Morse) of their signature song "Smoke On The Water", to finish off a gig and indeed a tour that was nothing short of a resounding success. This was also part of Deep Purple's current world tour which carries on though Europe and beyond, while Styx go and play some dates now in America.

All-in-all, a great night, that those who have missed it, will no doubt regret. Thin Lizzy are back out in the road in November and December. Guess what I'll be doing

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 04/05/2007 04:41  

glad u had a good time matey

Update Reply
RC @ 04/05/2007 04:53  

glad you had a great time 2ws

Update Reply
storm @ 04/05/2007 10:04  

Those bands must be getting old now, i remember them when i was alot younger, maybe thats why it took a while to get their energy up but arnt we all getting older eh?

Update Reply
rach @ 05/05/2007 08:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email