MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

BRAKE Refutes MCN's 'Vision zero' Claims

BRAKE Refutes MCN's 'Vision zero' Claims - Forums [Biker Match] BRAKE Refutes MCN's 'Vision zero' Claims - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

BRAKE Refutes MCN's 'Vision zero' Claims

BRAKE Refutes MCN's 'Vision Zero' Claims
Brake, the road safety charity, is refuting the report in Motorcycle News (MCN) which says that the road
safety charity is backing a casualty reduction policy whose author once said motorcycles must be removed
from the roads.
Speaking to Road Safety GB, Julie Townsend, Brake’s campaigns director, pointed out that Brake’s vision
is ‘Target Zero, not ‘Vision Zero’. She also stated that there is no reference in Target Zero to motorcycles or
motorcyclists. Brake is preparing a formal response to the MCN article. Go to www.brake.org.uk/targetzero
to read Brake’s Target Zero vision statement”.

Update Reply
marsey @ 02/11/2010 09:39  

Correct link
http://www.brake.org.uk/target-zero

What planet are they on.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 02/11/2010 15:17  

Somebody has been reading too much science-fiction...

Update Reply
2Dogs @ 02/11/2010 15:26  

I'm afraid people like this just give road safety campaigning a bad name.

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/11/2010 16:26  

Ditto Wills !

Update Reply
kazninja @ 02/11/2010 17:36  

Dear lord don't you just wish you had a gun and you could shoot these feckers.
Just wait untill they ban all transport to cut down on accidents BIKERMATCH would have to be called MATCH......lmao

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 02/11/2010 18:03  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->Or bicycle match

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 03/11/2010 00:34  

LOL very good WB

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 03/11/2010 00:58  

Brake have always been a bit extreme but they really seem to have lost the plot now. RoadPeace is another shoestring 'road safety' organisation which spouts similar nonsense. As a result, the BMF severed relations with them.

Hopefully, bodies like this will effectively marginalise themselves by behaving like this and no one, especially governments, will take them seriously.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 03/11/2010 07:21  

IMO any valid messages, if any, are lost because of the ridiculous opening statements. I for one never bothered going beyond that!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 03/11/2010 13:25  

BRAKE? Are they still around? I thought they'd die within weeks given their crazy ideas!

They should leave safety engineering to the professionals in my opinion. Of course, I would say that lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 09/12/2010 13:12  

Surely 'Target Zero' is some sort of joke, I nearly soiled myself with laughter. Anyway, if it's genuine I think I'll sign up as it looks like there could be some fun to be had at someone else's expense.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 11/12/2010 16:49  

I have contacted them and asked them to not promote high speed trains as that is just asking for train deaths to reach an epidemic. I also want them to add licensing and speed limits for bicycles and pedestrians.

Most important of all I have asked that they make it illegal to have anyone under 18 in a car, train, bus or on a bicycle. If we extend this to using the pavements I think we can achieve zero road deaths for children.

Sorted.

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 11/12/2010 18:52  

"Most important of all I have asked that they make it illegal to have anyone under 18 in a car, train, bus or on a bicycle. If we extend this to using the pavements I think we can achieve zero road deaths for children."

There's a strange logic there .. you could have a future as a roads minister!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 12/12/2010 10:31  

You've got to remember that this is a "profesional" charity. It exists to earn a wage for it's top level executives. They have to put forward an agenda which will bring in donations in order to keep the gravy train running.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 12/12/2010 10:47  

well folks what next? the scary thing is these f**kers will be listened to by the crazies in goverment, our freedom will disappear, we need to fight and our only way apart from organising a revolution ALL bikers should join MAG, we are a minority group, probably getting smaller, coz they make it so hard for the young uns to get a licence, we need a voice in the goverments offices and MAG is the only way i know, there campains have worked in the past solidarity brothers and sisters

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2010 12:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email