MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Pensioner jailed for attacking Hells Angel

Pensioner jailed for attacking Hells Angel - Forums [Biker Match] Pensioner jailed for attacking Hells Angel - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Pensioner jailed for attacking Hells Angel

A PENSIONER has been jailed for 18 months after pleading guilty to causing grievious bodily harm to a member of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang.

Keith Degroot, 66, pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm to Hells Angel Stephen Hall after the pensioner smashed Hall in the face with a walking stick for calling him a "f***ing Jew".

Degroot, who lived in sheltered housing in Leeds, became embroiled in an altercation with Hall in the Duck and Drake pub, in which the pensioner's glasses were knocked from his face by the burly biker.

Sheffield Crown Court heard how Mr Degroot then smashed the Hall in the face with his walking stick, causing serious head and facial injuries - including bleeding on the brain and a fractured cheekbone in the attack in April 2009.

Recorder Jane Rowley said: "I accept that you did not intend serious harm but that your reaction was that you were reckless as to whether harm was caused when you struck him a blow of some force with a strike to the face.

"Your offence is so serious that neither a fine nor community punishment can be imposed."

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/10/2010 13:20  

OMG ... that is terrible. When I go into the co-op with leathers on - all the old peeps stay well aware and give me wierd looks? Never been attacked with a walking stick yet thou lol !

Update Reply
kazninja @ 01/10/2010 13:33  

I wasn't aware there were angels in leeds. I thought they were all slaves.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 01/10/2010 13:41  

Every day's a school day BB !!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 01/10/2010 13:44  

Was he a Hells Angel, local rags class anybody that wears a piss pot helmet and a leather cut off as a hells angel.

What ever he was he is going to get more stick of his mates......geddit

I'll get my coat

Update Reply
marsey @ 01/10/2010 19:08  

I thought that had to be in America when I started reading it!!!!! Wow feisty pensioners in Yorkshire.... must remember that

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 01/10/2010 19:31  

never knock a yorkshiremans pint over no matter how old he is

Update Reply
dunans @ 01/10/2010 19:33  

Best not knock anything really with a Tyke,long memories!!!

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 02/10/2010 22:06  

well maybe the racial slur was so abhorrent that hethe pensioner felt he had no choice

was any action taken for insiting violence by the biker /hells angel

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/10/2010 22:55  

something telling me nothing happened to the angel wind, not legally anyway!

Update Reply
Wilson @ 08/10/2010 02:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email