MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Anyone for Backgammon?

Anyone for Backgammon? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Anyone for Backgammon? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Anyone for Backgammon?

Well .., sorry bluesbiker, I was not creating a wind-up by starting this forum. I was looking for a little bit of 'culture' to add to the excitiement of riding out. Not too many people I know play backgammon!!

A travel set slips easily into the saddlebag and adds that bit of difference once you are resting with a suitable glass of refreshment.

Update Reply
GregatHigham @ 05/08/2010 08:39  

We took our board to France earlier this year. Great game to wind down after a days riding . . . with a bottle of wine or two obviously!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2010 09:04  

Playing backgammon is embedded in the culture in eastern European and middle Eastern countries and I've seen folks sitting and having a game in all sorts of strange places (mainly blokes I hasten to add)....over a coffee, under the shade of a tree, sitting in a thermal spa bath in Hungary! Seems to me these folks can show us a thing or two about quietly chilling, after a burst of activity while exercising the old grey matter.... ooh and the boards can be so pretty too

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 05/08/2010 09:10  

Maxnod, it is quite a simple game for 2 players. 15 discs of 2 colours set out on a board with 2 areas with 12 elongated diamond patterns alternating the 2 colours. The aim is to clear your discs off the board by moving them round after throwing 2 dice. It is the obstacles to doing that where the strategy comes in. You can google it to get the rules.

Minni the Minx has struck another dimension with how pretty the boards can be. Ah well, I just have a bog standard magnetic set although the velour board is rather good.

As for strange places, on top of the Roaches with a glass of wine is rather good.

Update Reply
GregatHigham @ 06/08/2010 07:32  

I mainly play against the PC now cousin got divorced lol ..

Well I know one of the things I will be packing for the Ure Welcome rally, for the night just before we all head to the beer tent

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 07/08/2010 08:59  

As for strange places, on top of the Roaches with a glass of wine is rather good. ...hmmm - any comments, Geoff?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/08/2010 13:51  

Well, it was because I didn't have the bike with me at the time. I cheated a parked the car at the Winking Man Pub!

Update Reply
GregatHigham @ 07/08/2010 18:35  

GregatHigham - passed near you yesterday... had a ride down to Berinsfield cafe (and back) - long day but took the scenic route home and had a lovely ride, despite a few showers. Like the idea of a backgammon meeting - the games are usually quick for anyone who isn't into it, so it's easy to stop playing. It's also very addictive! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2010 19:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email