MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Bke servicing

Bke servicing (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Bke servicing (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Bke servicing

100 year lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 28/06/2010 21:29  

I've just done a major service on mine for less than £80 for irridium plugs, fully synth castrol and all filters etc from fleabay

Just download a workshop manual (free) and away you go

I reckon i've saved at least 200 squid in labour and learned loads about my bike in the bargain

Anybody want to buy a ZZR12 that's running like a bag of hammers

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 28/06/2010 22:27  

Without A full service history?.... no way, pedro......

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 28/06/2010 23:01  

is that the zzr you been saving money on servicing it yourself lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2010 23:45  

It is johnny

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 29/06/2010 07:42  

i've just had my cbr1ooo serviced by a new place near selby, its a family business thats just set up, anyway cut a long story short, i got the filters plugs and oil from a place in the wirrel via the internet, i just happen to pass these guys and popped in, i was bit cheeky and asked how much they would do a service for if i provided the gear, answer £45. i took it following day it was done in a couple of hours, not only that but they did all the other fluids and gave the bike a clean too, i was more than happy with them, a real nice bunch of guys

Update Reply
gordon62 @ 30/06/2010 01:09  

Treat the customer good and he just might come back...theres a lack of that these days...too keen to just milk the shit out of your wallet in most bike shops for servicing....I think its how they make their profits lol.... ....got to admit I've had some good service from a few shops over the years...but payed for it as well.... anyway anyone know somewhere that does cheap tyres in the South west lol.....done the internet search but you never know someone might know somewhere lol or how hard is it to fit tyres yourself?????????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2010 02:03  

I would say quite easy Johnny, but having probably done thousands I would wouldn't I!

Back in the old inner-tube days a Dunlop-race tyre guy was giving a demonstration, put two tyres on in 44 seconds and said at the time, if you use anymore than 6 inches of a tyre lever, you're doing something wrong.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 30/06/2010 08:11  

Bought and had two tyres fitted to my 94 Trident yesterday The cost was £207 including fitting for two Avon Storm's. I stood there and watched the guys fit them - it took them a good 30 mins with a guy working on each wheel. They had to use heat to loosen one of the bolts too. If I had removed the wheel myself I probably would have snapped that bolt! Fitting cost was £25 included in the £207 which I don't think was too bad. Place was in Coleshill on the Station Road industrial estate.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 30/06/2010 10:17  

Fitting tyres yourself is pretty easy, but you'll need to spend some cash on various tools first. You'll need a bead breaker, tyre levers, rim protectors, tyre grease, and some source of compressed air for popping the tyre back on. Also some stick-on weights if you want to balance it afterwards. So it's only really worth it if you're going to continue to do them yourself.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2010 10:21  

Rattay, is that Wheelhouse Tyres?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2010 10:24  

Yes, that was it wheelhouse tyres. One of the two guys that fitted the tyres seemed particularly conscientious

Update Reply
Rattay @ 30/06/2010 10:33  

I get all my tyres there, highly recommended, decent prices too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2010 18:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email