MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Are Sports Bikes Unstable On Public Roads?

Are Sports Bikes Unstable On Public Roads? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Are Sports Bikes Unstable On Public Roads? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Are Sports Bikes Unstable On Public Roads?

A badger on a bike?? Whatever next, a toad in a vintage car?? toot toot.... (welcome to the site, sir) RK - an aluminium one might be ok..... Just remember my right arm isn't as developed as, say, geoff's flipper..... sumo - maybe try slapping the back of their helmets as you pass them. See if they react then! SV - aren't they trying to ban 'legal speed' now?

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 22/06/2010 14:04  

Maybe this is the answer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7tBHoq49RU

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2010 14:18  

He heh cool!! I was going to order one but just found out that the official HD fitting kit for my bike is £500.... think I am going to stick with my lance

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 22/06/2010 14:37  

****** has a random money making thought

Nodding Chuchill dogs which can be attached to sportsbikes to solve the issue ............... OH YES

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/06/2010 14:56  

I've never found a HD fitting kit, which I couldn't replicate, inexpensively with some old railway track, abandoned oven door or similar items .... the added bonus with the DIY versions is that you don't have to have it covered in chrome .... chrome is for bathrooms ! ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2010 14:59  

Amen BJ - get it endorsed by Rossi, add some kneesliders (4?) and I am sure you will make a fortune!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 22/06/2010 15:04  

Dunno about sports riders but lookee here ............

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=5746

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2010 15:19  

I just found this piece of info whilst scouring the net .....

Always remember, one motorcyclist's actions reflects on all riders.

1. Acknowledge other motorcyclists. While passing in opposite directions, acknowledge with a nod of the head or a hand gesture. This hand gesture would be to take your left hand off the handlebar and clutch, then give a low-positioned, open-handed wave or two victory fingers.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/06/2010 16:05  

Soz, posted on wrong thread, so I've deleted it!

Update Reply
Rattay @ 22/06/2010 16:10  

In a lot of Europe they stick their leg out instead of waving. Wondered what the hell they were doing at first!

One possibility that may have escaped you TC is that there are a lot of sunny Sunday-ers (not all I hastily add) who are frankly ignorant c*nts!

Was on a run on Sunday with a group of friends, a couple of whom are relatively inexperienced and occasionally nervous riders. Then as we were heading through Cawood bends, a group of three of these ICs on their GSXRZXR1Blades came past us, cutting us all up let alone not waving!

Then one of them decided to play chicken with a very large white inconspicuous van that he clearly hadn't seen and managed to evade certain death by a few mil. Annoyingly, if he had of bit the dust, he would have probably taken one or two of our group out as well in the debris storm. It was only my dedication as TEC that stopped me from going after them.

Bastards! Sorry, ba**ards.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 22/06/2010 16:14  

I find it's mainly sports bike riders that don't acknowledge. Possible reason is, I probably see more of them on the road than other bikes so it's a percentage thing. Some sports bikes are trying to overtake every vehicle on the road and I assume that is the only thing ticking round in there rider's brain. This isn't the whole lot of them of course, you get the decent sports bike riders too, it's a person thing and not a bike type thing. I do think that some sports bike rider's though, have an inherent inferiority complex and to 'pretend' to themselves they are in control, they ride sports bikes to feel powerful. Just a thought! Each to their own

Update Reply
Rattay @ 22/06/2010 16:18  

It used to be just a wave (depending on conditions), a nod being harder to spot & requiring more concentration to look out for. As an experienced rider, if you can't manage a wave under normal conditions, there's either something lacking in your riding ability/confidence (in which case you should consider whether you really should be on a bike) or your attitude.

I'll wave at anyone, me .... I've never been sectioned for it, or inappropriately propositioned by a power ranger.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2010 16:31  

Ok riding back from work today I made a point to look at what type of bike the ignorant idiots ride. This is my conclusion:
1: Black visor
2: Upright seated position(broomstick up the a**e)
3: BMW offroad/touring type

If any of above criteria is met do not expect a wave.

Update Reply
Edinburgh Saffie @ 22/06/2010 16:42  

but always a Harley (its the same inverted snobbery that some of the sports bike riders have) .... cos they are bad muthas

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2010 17:33  

What's nodding got to do with the stability of a sports bike?
I personally think cruisers are the most unstable, or bike racers would use those instead wouldn't they?

Update Reply
yamahama @ 22/06/2010 17:53  

I've noticed the lack of acknowledgement too. And its not confined to sports bike riders. I very rarely get a response from a HD rider, or a BMW rider(sorry Sumo) but i've noticed the disease spreading to others. Only yesterday, a friend of mine told me that they(her other half and she) broke down on the way to the Farmyard(they were on an old Bonny). They pulled into a layby between Thirsk and Ripon and watched loads of bikers pass them loaded up(presumably going to the FYP)....not one of them stopped to see if they were ok. Is this the future of motorcycling? I hope not

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 22/06/2010 17:55  

I wonder if it's a region thing, down here in Berks, I'd say 90% of riders nod, generally at an odd angle to make it obvious. I've even had foot waves when being overtaken on the motorway.

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 22/06/2010 17:58  

OMG... so ALL sorts of types of bikes seem to be suffering from instability problems and it is on the increase... Do you think it could be modern rubber compounds? Maybe we should petition for some sort of government quango to be formed to look into this....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 22/06/2010 17:59  

Maybe it's the higher altitude up north causing the stablity problems!!

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 22/06/2010 17:59  

Never had a foot wave...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 22/06/2010 18:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email