MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Cleaning my lid

Cleaning my lid (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Cleaning my lid (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Cleaning my lid

You should be careful if you use aerosols on helmets as some of the solvents in them can weaken the plastic of the visor. Washing up liquid contains salt that over time can scratch visors

If I am out and about, then a V2 sponge works a treat. At home, then the kitchen roll soaked and placed on the visor works a treat.

Microfibre cloths will polish the visor.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/07/2010 19:48  

A V2 sponge wrecked my visor. I followed the instructions about wetting it and putting it back in the bag, then the first time I used it the anti-scratch coating went all foggy. Unfortunately it was boxing day and I was in Snowdonia, so getting a replacement was out of the question, and I had to ride home without a visor. I'm sure plenty of people are happy with them, but mention it in my presence and you'll get cursing. 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/07/2010 20:34  

Curse in front of me and I will slap your wrists young man

Don't fancy riding visor-less at that time of year. Not for that distance, did your eyeballs freeze?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/07/2010 20:38  

Thanks for bumping this. I forgot to clean it after Barmouth and I need it again this weekend

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 01/07/2010 20:48  

By the time I got home my eyes were bloodshot and very sore. It wasn't just the cold, the roads had been gritted so I was bombarded with salty spray too.Thinking about it now, I was trying to clean spray off the visor so the salt might have been part of the problem

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/07/2010 21:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email