MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Cleaning Chrome

Cleaning Chrome (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Cleaning Chrome (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Cleaning Chrome

All of these tips are good - I recently bought a cream based chrome cleaner and it went white and was a real bugger to buff up! Jtb you mentioned Auto Sol and I have found it to be the best as well. I recently changed my pipes (well the bikes lol) to matt black - less chrome to worry about!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 10/05/2010 15:24  

on mythbusters they did the coke and tin foil test folks!!!! guest what ?? it works!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 10/05/2010 19:10  

oo i like the coke/tin foil one :D Iv bought myself some autosol and will get down to cleaning up the chrome, just lots of work, effort.

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 11/05/2010 17:31  

yeah.. good old auto-sol for me.. and as mentioned earlier.. put a little on a buffing wheel thing or mini wire brush thingy and use a dremel or cordless drill and you can polish up little things.. bolt heads etc.. works a treat

Update Reply
nawe @ 15/05/2010 14:06  

Mini wire brush thingy in a cordless drill, are you off your feckin trolly givin advice like that to a new rider who may not know better so asks for advice and gets told to clean chrome with a wire brush what would use to get dead flys off your plastic 80 grit paper

Update Reply
JP @ 15/05/2010 14:49  

not off my feckin trolley as you so eloquently put it.. where did i say polish chrome with a wire brush?????? i think if you re-read my post i said you can polish up bolt heads and the like!!!!!

Update Reply
nawe @ 15/05/2010 16:09  

Yes and cleaning any nut or bolt head with a wire brush will damage its coating and just make it rust faster so dont help much. The thread is about an easy way to clean chrome so its easy to read it wrong

Update Reply
JP @ 15/05/2010 16:45  

forgive me for adding a little extra.. i'll consider myself spanked..

Update Reply
nawe @ 15/05/2010 17:20  

No worrys read you reply wrong my self so we both get a slap just one more i got coming lol

Update Reply
JP @ 15/05/2010 23:08  

awww guys dont talk about slapping n punishment im getting aroused here !! pmsl x

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 16/05/2010 11:20  

tell us more then boody... we might shut up if you don't!!!!

Update Reply
nawe @ 16/05/2010 11:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email