MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

NHS Organ Donor Register

NHS Organ Donor Register (2) - Forums [Biker Match] NHS Organ Donor Register (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

NHS Organ Donor Register

Of course taking into account what I've put on another thread, I suspect when I do go out it'll probably be quite explosive. As such there may not be a huge amount left to use! And why is that nurses appear all concerned and sympathetic when you're looking at them telling them you don't like needles ("Oh ok deary, we won't bother with this then"), but then stab you violently and painfully in the arm when you turn away?? Fall for this every sodding time!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 08/06/2009 21:45  

PMSL at Geoff

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 08/06/2009 21:46  

Your lucky its only your arm Geoff I tend to get it elsewhere Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/06/2009 21:51  

Would love to register, would love to donate blood but can't Had cancer, had the full works, chemo, radio and bone marrow transplant, nearly 19 years in remission.

Automatically debarred but if it hadn't been for the ones who had donated blood I wouldn't be here today.

So get on the register.

You'll affect peoples lives in ways that you can't even imagine, in good way.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 09/06/2009 19:36  

I'm not allowed to donate blood as I've had a blood transfusion - received 5 units 3.5 years ago after I lost a lot of blood through internal bleeding. Think it's a shame I'm not allowed to give blood now but it's the risk of transmitting CJD.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 09/06/2009 19:53  

TY BC, told it was blood but guessed the organs where included. Know what ya mean Geoff, probably gona go out big styley too. If not I quite like the idea of my ashes in a rocket, BOOM! Sounds quite nasty Roachy, take it youve fully recovered now. As to the jab thing, OK if I just look the other way, always have a job trying to find a vein,

Update Reply
Newkid @ 09/06/2009 20:06  

*** Refresh *** As we have some new members thought would be good to have this back on the front page for while

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/06/2009 17:53  

It didn't stay on there long enough Shell OK peeps do us all a favour and REGISTER You know it makes sense

Update Reply
Emzed @ 19/06/2009 03:14  

I carried a card for some years but got round to registering last year. I've also put it in my will and specified that anything not harvested can go to a teaching hospital to do with as they will. I'm getting to the age where, if I meet an untimely end, my body won't be of much use for anything else. It does mean that no one has to shell out for a funeral. The NHS will do that.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 19/06/2009 06:57  

Cool move Cat I wish more people would take such a pragmatic approach Anybody else considered this

Update Reply
Emzed @ 19/06/2009 09:24  

I've also put it in my will and specified that anything not harvested can go to a teaching hospital to do with as they will. I'm getting to the age where, if I meet an untimely end, my body won't be of much use for anything else. It does mean that no one has to shell out for a funeral. The NHS will do that. if you donate your body to various medical and scientific departments there won't be owt left to bury/cremate will there? Excellent idea tho, tho can't afford to make a will so I dunno how that would work for me.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/06/2009 11:31  

Just added my details Thanks for the reminder. Used to give blood but cant anymore due to travel with work so Glad to be able to do a little to help.

Update Reply
micksaway @ 19/06/2009 12:58  

***refresh*** Its been a month since this was back on the front page & as we have new members & all seem in agreement that its good to remind everyone about not only having the card but registering on the register so that it saves anyone left being asked the distressing Q of is it ok, I thought I would bring it back up

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/07/2009 15:06  

I'm all for donating orgasms Sorry,I'll be serious! I have codes on my driving licence that declares my wish of organ harvesting should anything untoward happens and I think it's also stored at DVLA but as I always keep my licences in my lorry,I suppose it would be prudent to register with the NHS as well.Being a belt and braces sort of bloke,I like to make doubly sure my intentions are known

Update Reply
pondlife @ 15/07/2009 15:38  

I am the same pond ... However as I said in earlier post, when out on the bike I dont always have my licence, god forbid anything happens to me then & no one can get hold of anyone then my details can still be checked. Good one for registering tho

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/07/2009 15:45  

done

Update Reply
pondlife @ 15/07/2009 15:47  

I've just registered too, thanks for the reminder!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2009 16:42  

Thanks Chick

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/07/2009 20:59  

Time for this to recieve another leg up I think

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/08/2009 17:26  

Hi all Carried the card for years ,mainly due to my best friend at school having a kidney transplant .So just been on the web site and signed up .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/08/2009 18:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email