MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Have you got your lights on?

Have you got your lights on? (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Have you got your lights on? (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Have you got your lights on?

Mine on pushbike does 3 modes, the 3 LEDs scan back and fourth is best and batteries last longer and is legal.

Update Reply
Newkid @ 25/03/2009 20:47  

more confused now newkidd, so you think if one bulb is on constantly it would not attract the attention of the guys in blue? If they are illegal for bikes howcome Halfords sell them? or is it like a radar detector.....not illegal to own just to use,

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 25/03/2009 20:59  

LOL, no, its because in one mode there all on permanently, so legal, the other modes are by choice. Agreed, the scanning is questionable on legal, but cause the next light comes on at the same time as the other goes out, your always lit. Its when you set them to blinking that's the legal prob. All the same, don't want the bill attracted to me, not that I'm ilegal at all, its just bother! I am putting an LED rear light on mine, only cause the brake light takes half second to illuminate fully, its an incandesent thing. My friend following me said it was hard to fig my brake point, already dropped prob 20mph in half a sec. NOT DOING FLASHING ON REAR!!

Update Reply
Newkid @ 25/03/2009 21:13  

By "I am putting an LED rear light on mine" I mean motorbike!

Update Reply
Newkid @ 25/03/2009 21:14  

as i have only seen these scanning brake lights on Harleys I am sure one of our biker buddies on this site with a Harley will have seen an advert on a Harley site for these lights perhapa they can enlighten us........

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 25/03/2009 21:25  

Will try to find out about the legalities of these scanning lights in the UK but my spidey sense says they will probably not be allowed. My Harley has a single LED light unit either side which incorporates rear light/brake light and indicator... people who follow me say they are VERY effective. Newkid - please keep us posted about your aftermarket LED ligths and how you found them....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 26/03/2009 00:30  

thanks TeeCee will look forward to your reply

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 26/03/2009 07:59  

I was looking at something like this

http://www.bikebitzuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=204_126_217_240&products_id=2394

But I don't fancy incorporating the indicators, prefer them out at the side so more definitive. Having said that, I dont like the way the indicators stick out so much, so replacing those with smaller LED units too.

Update Reply
Newkid @ 26/03/2009 09:04  

hey TC were gettin a better class of peep's noone commented about 'following a Harley''

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/03/2009 09:59  

Thas cos most peeps don't follow a Harley - they're usually well in front of them.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/03/2009 10:21  

well theres proof we aint!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/03/2009 11:39  

I'm never out to race, know what mine can do and that's all that matters. Think its rather like the small yappy dog V big hound, nothing to prove!!

Actually, and HFG will confirm this, on rideouts I always end up between those blasting off ahead yet trying to stay in view of the laggers. Not nice leaving peops behind!!

Update Reply
Newkid @ 26/03/2009 11:45  

Re. the small yappy dog thing, no disrespect to you small bikes, were all out to have fun.

Update Reply
Newkid @ 26/03/2009 11:48  

None taken Stu - not here anyway. Each to their own and all that but anyone that thinks a bike has to be a *big* bike to be worthy of *being a bike* is a little narrow minded and not at all in my mind *biker hearted* as Matt calls it. *and anyway - just what is a big bike?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 26/03/2009 12:10  

Precisely Roachy, people who arnt bikers say "Oh, only a little one!" when I say its a 600, havnt got a clue of what a "600" is capable of when its just designed just for speed!! Friends said I'd be upgrading to a fireblade but whats the point, dont like the harsh lines of design nor the "postage stamp" pillion seat as HFG called it. Bikes are a personal thing, weather it be a nifty 50 or a mega brute! Am happy with mine, dying to get it fixed, still waiting on insurance decision though.

Update Reply
Newkid @ 26/03/2009 12:21  

Freelander reversed into it while parked!!

Update Reply
Newkid @ 26/03/2009 12:22  

OK, now apologizing to Fireblade owners, some people like big girls and some like small, is the best way to put it, all down to personal choice, .

Update Reply
Newkid @ 26/03/2009 12:28  

Nice comment newkid about not leaving laggers behind, I believe that if you are on a group ride then you should stay as a group, fairly close knit if poss and to the passing public it also looks very professional riding........and there's also a point being proved on this thread that size does not matter

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/03/2009 12:28  

if your out for a social ride and with people you aint met b4 then its bad manner's an downright unfriendly leaving people behind to get lost!! if yu wanna blast away best on your own! plus if someones a newbie your maybe makin em go faster and taking risk's to keep up!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/03/2009 12:37  

Thats why I like riding back door TM because it also gives the riders with less experience knowing theres someone behind them and takes the pressure off trying to keep up, and I dont mind keeping away some close driving cars/waggons as they dont intimidate me.........off to work....craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/03/2009 12:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email