MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show

Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show

Dont let it get to u Ric. theres got to be some nice people down south and i'm sure u must b one of them.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 20/11/2008 00:20  

Hee hee!...keep fishing bill....if winding folk up is what does it for yer, then good luck, knock yerself out.....what comes around goes around;o)

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 20/11/2008 01:31  

Hi Arfur, dont no what its like down south but i get lots of it up here from my friends

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 20/11/2008 01:42  

Presume you mean winding each other up? Guess all folk do that to each other...helps when they know each other first though hey, and have actually become friends n all that...only way i know to understand someones character...

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 20/11/2008 01:48  

How about winding your neck in, instead of winding complete strangers up?

Your first interaction with a bunch of strangers on a public forum has been to get their backs up with remarks about the "crappy south"... which you then continue with a sarcastic follow-up line like: "theres got to be some nice people down south and i'm sure u must b one of them".

It's one thing to have banter and wind-ups with people you know or that at least you've begun to get to know. There's plenty of good natured north/south banter on here already between folk who've gone to the trouble of getting to know each other first, instead of leaping straight in with a generalised bigoted slating.

A little courtesy goes a long way.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/11/2008 06:38  

And hark at you Wills with yer fancy words ;o)

Onanists indeed!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/11/2008 06:40  

You'll never hear the word wanker pass my lips on this forum One has to keep a sense of decorum, one knows.

Update Reply
Wills @ 20/11/2008 12:00  

Absolutely Wills!

One is conversing with a posh bird, doesn't one know?!

;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/11/2008 12:02  

Just had a quick look at the online members and I don't see any posh totty... OUCH!! That was my shin you caught then

Update Reply
Wills @ 20/11/2008 12:11  

*switches webcam on*

*shakes head in despair and tuts in a disapproving manner*

I gave fair warning ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/11/2008 12:18  

Can we all play nicely now. this thread started about a ride to Paris. Now that is south of England so were all North euros as far as the surrender monkeys are concerned. P.S. Goggle French military victories then click I'm feeling lucky.

Update Reply
Phil @ 20/11/2008 12:34  

Apologies to PP for the thread going off course. Bikeabill,you might not of set out to wind people up but that is what you have done. If thats how you carry on with your mates that is of no concern to me as i'm not one of them. As for being "one of the nicer ones down south",that's up to the people that know me personally to decide and something that is doubtful you will discover. We Southerners are still waiting for your reasons,you've had long enough to think of something.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/11/2008 17:58  

Holy sh*t!!!! I thought I'd drop into this thread again as there were nine pages discussing, so I believed, a BM trip to the Paris bike show!!! Phil .... Is it worth having a little meet to discuss it??

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 20/11/2008 22:41  

There is actually a certain level of irony about this. After all, the majority of the thread now consists of southerners having a go at northerners and northerners having a go at southerners. The funny thing is that the thread was started to plan a trip to go see the french!!!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 20/11/2008 22:43  

Thought we all were friends on here, but dont some get excite, anyway i love France especially the roads, love the Alps, think Paris is brilliant, would live in Nice.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 21/11/2008 01:40  

some peeps thought processes are a little hard to follow.to be friends with someone, you have got to like them at least, If you don't like southerners bikeabill ,why do you think they will be your friend? Have you had a bad experience with "southerners" in the past then??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2008 10:46  

hi Geoff, I am sure we can get together and have a con-flab about Paris. Me and Frag are serious about it. If your up for the Ride then i am sure we can all meet in a central place squires or Big D's and talk about it. I don't want this to become some beast of an expedition just a simple more of a casual itinerary and meet up points en Route (spot the French i slipped in there) book your own hotel and ferry / tunnel crossing. that way if ppl pull you one person is not left with a big bill to pay if they have put deposits down for other ppl.

Update Reply
Phil @ 21/11/2008 12:49  

Geoff,there is no southerers/northeners bitching going on here,and as far as i am aware there is no problem. Just one from oop north that chose to slag off the south with stlll no reason why. There will always be some muppet to upset things and then wonder why people get their backs up. Its been done before and no doubt it will get done again. Enough people have commented on this thread about it so maybe it might start to sink in.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2008 18:26  

would just like to say 3 of us did 580 miles to go to a meet in the south so please dont say we from the north never come to southern meets was good day out as well, been to france few times it's ok

Update Reply
tb500 @ 21/11/2008 21:16  

Apologies TB - I just said I've "yet" to see anyone pop along to a meet I've been on down south - didn't mean to insinuate nobody ever does ;o)

Be nice to have a bit more of it - both directions.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/11/2008 21:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email