MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Wot an idiot !!!

Wot an idiot !!! - Forums [Biker Match] Wot an idiot !!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Wot an idiot !!!

You really need sound for this.... but you mite get the jist of it wivout... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7645153.stm

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/10/2008 07:05  

ahhh - I saw this on the news last night!!! they traced him cos he had 1 of the only 2 Dynese jackets that had been brought into the country (or something like that!)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 01/10/2008 07:07  

And while yr there, check out "women dice with death on M6"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2008 07:19  

This sort of thing truly annoys me! I have spent over twenty years in the highway engineering and road safety field and during all of this time I have battled for better recognition of the benefits of biking. Also during this time I have dealt with numerous Police forces and local authorities with the aim of improving the general view that the public have of bikers. And then you see a report like this of a prat who totally ruins the work done by those like me. The moron even got the BBC reporter stating that "many speeding bikers believe they'll never be traced" immediately offering the suggestion that we are a group of irresponsible idiots. I hope they stick him in nick ..... I really do!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 01/10/2008 07:30  

HG.... u wud think he wud wear sumfin a bit more inconspicuous eh? lol XK...they were on a police prog the other week, they showed them actually getting hit... the assumption was they were on sum kinda drug, but both had negative tests.. Crazy !! Yeh Geoff, I totally agree, he needs locking up, and should never be allowed to ride bikes agen. Sadly there are far too many more morons like this.

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/10/2008 08:26  

I agree this man is an idiot, speed is fun, but only in the right place, on a race track. My other half Ian got done not long ago. Ive been telling him for ages that he will get caught one day and he did and only just avoided a ban. He got caught by an unmarked police car down the A50. So he has got to be good now....must admit he doesnt do stunts like that neither does he speed through low limit areas...these are there for a reason. Safety. I do know bikers who regularly go out "playing" round J27 of the M1, speeding and pulling wheelies...There is NO way I would ever ever encourage this sort of behaviour nor would I ever go pilly or join in once Ive passed my test. Im no idiot and never will be... Biking should be fun but be safe too...Safe riding everyone!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 01/10/2008 08:35  

serves him right wot a wingnut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
RC @ 01/10/2008 10:39  

Just desserts.... !!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 01/10/2008 12:29  

Dianese jacket & helmet were only protective gear he wore!! wanker wish they wouldn,t refer to idiots like that as bikers...he OWNS a bike probably no tax/test/insurance & no doubt he,ll be doing it again soon maybe then they,ll jail him

Update Reply
old red @ 01/10/2008 15:28  

I wholeheartedly agree with Geoff's sentiments, not only do riders like this guy ruin the credibility of bikers but, let's face it, there's a good probability that if he had come off doing such high speed in a 30 limit, i.e. built-up area, he would have killed or injured somebody other than himself - selfish idiot

Update Reply
CHATPAL @ 01/10/2008 16:23  

Reckon someones been watching too many Ghostrider dvds.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2008 16:36  

Reckon someones been watching too many Ghostrider dvds.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2008 16:36  

Personally I think that guy is a too... albeit a very skilled one. (..and I don't mean Nicolas Cage!...)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 01/10/2008 16:39  

A very skilled one TeeCee,but a very rich twat. Ain't no good when ya dead though.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2008 16:42  

A very skilled one TeeCee,but a very rich twat. Ain't no good when ya dead though.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2008 16:42  

Agreed! But unfortunately when he goes it is likely he will take some innocents with him....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 01/10/2008 16:44  

In a similar vein:

http://www.visordown.com/motorcyclenews/view/video_police_footage_of_140mph_biker/5630.html

Much discussion on another forum about whether the pursuing officer, apparently on an unmarked bike, was guilty of entrapment.

Update Reply
Wills @ 01/10/2008 19:41  

Having read a few of the discussions on this..I havta agree.. Surely the pursuing officer should have had his blues and sirens on?!? This would have warned the other drivers/riders as well as letting the 'idiot' know he had been clocked, and therefore getting him to pull over, reducing the risk of any accidents. Like others have sed, sadly, there are bikers and drivers out there who will have seen this as a challenge/race whatever.... sod the consequences. Wudda like to have seen his face when the penny dropped !

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/10/2008 03:56  

Hmm... what an interesting post! Read through all the comments afterwards (including the very insightful ones by Hayabusadave on the last couple of pages..). IF the video was edited and IF the police biker was in front of him and stopping next to him at lights etc. and IF he was also being filmed by plain cars, the cynic in me can't help thinking they could have been hoping for a much more spectacular (possibly fatal) 'end' to this chase. What could be better for an anti-speeding video? But to be honest the guy should have been stopped as soon as he exceeded the 30 & 40 limits by those stupid amounts.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/10/2008 04:43  

Just watched that clip Wills, I dont agree with how that policeman kept on persuing the biker...he should have pulled him over at the first opportunity...he was riding as idiotic as the guy he was following! When Ian got pulled over they didnt clock him long and immediately pulled him over for the safety of other road users...this policeman should have done the same...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 02/10/2008 04:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email