MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Weather warning

Weather warning - Forums [Biker Match] Weather warning - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Weather warning

Taken from the Metcheck website - A mixed weekend on the cards for many areas as the UK continues to lay under the powerful influence of Cyclone Helga (what images does that conjure up in your mind?). Basically, on Monday we have, probably, the most intense storm of this Winter heading into the UK. The storm will wind up to the West of Ireland, bottoming out at around 935mb (incredibly impressive for this time of year). The storm will then push West into Ireland, the Irish Sea and then into the Midlands with gales, severe gales and even storm force winds wrapped around its core. Heavy rain pushing in from the West during Monday morning will also spread quickly across all regions with the damaging winds following on behind later in the day. In short, Monday is looking pretty damn nasty and if you have any outside plans then please do follow forecasts over the weekend on the latest for this system. Don't forget to have a quick look around the garden for anything which could get blown around, otherwise you'll be asking Jim at number 48 for it back on Tuesday Batten down the hatches folks, you have been warned!!!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 08/03/2008 08:45  

DC wrote : A mixed weekend on the cards for many areas as the UK continues to lay under the powerful influence of Cyclone Helga (what images does that conjure up in your mind?). first thought?... my old german neighbour in Brough, she was called Helga and was like a cyclone flying around on her moby !!! Seriously, cheers for the warning DC

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 08/03/2008 08:54  

Ta DC am dreading monday as the bike is the only way I can get to work

Update Reply
Herne @ 08/03/2008 08:59  

Front page of today's Huddersfield Examiner is predicting everything from the next ice age to the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Kwak, get yer woolies on. But if there's no more than a few snow flurries then I'm afraid all those stories about namby-pamby folks from Yorkshire will be proven true. (And if anyone from Yorkshire wants to argue the toss, they'll find me in me bunker for the next couple of days...)

Update Reply
Wills @ 08/03/2008 09:37  

Helga! new her well, big girl built like a Rusian athlete. even the boys would not play with her. Off up to Haws tomoz on the bike, may just get away with it before bad weather hits us. Cheers DC.

Update Reply
kenn52 @ 08/03/2008 10:07  

remember - if ur going down the motorway at any point on ur bike, to look out for openings at the side of the motorway that the wind can get through. Those driving lorries - erm, just dont lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/03/2008 10:12  

Omg and I am supposed to be driving home from Somerset on Monday, lots of motorway driving, was bad enough catching pockets of wind on the way down here which took the car a bit.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 08/03/2008 12:15  

I'm glad I've got the day off Monday as I walk to work, its takes 25 mins as it is now & up hill some places are open. Hope its gone by Tuesday thanks dc

Update Reply
tagon @ 08/03/2008 12:49  

Front page of today's Huddersfield Examiner is predicting everything from the next ice age to the four horsemen of the apocalypse. How come you're reading the Hudds Examiner when ya live in Liverpool? Kwak, get yer woolies on. No can do, I is allergic lol But if there's no more than a few snow flurries then I'm afraid all those stories about namby-pamby folks from Yorkshire will be proven true. Which stories? (And if anyone from Yorkshire wants to argue the toss, they'll find me in me bunker for the next couple of days...) I'm not climbing in to a dirty *coil oil for an argument, get yoursen art 'ere lad! (*coal hole = coal bunker)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/03/2008 13:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email