MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Proper Bikers !!

Proper Bikers !! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Proper Bikers !! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Proper Bikers !!

Lass don't let the folks on here wind you up or upset you , as I said we are all different no two the same we all have our likes and dislikes it's what makes us human . Me I prefer dogs to humans their much better company and far more honest . But I'm too old to have another . So it's my girls in the garage that have my attention these days . People are too stressful . I'm an outsider even amongst bikers . I've given up caring what people think of me I live by my rules and likes and not anyone else's. Perhaps everyone should try it

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 23/03/2024 19:17  

Life's too short For petty squabbles and bickering especially when your getting on a bit , found that out when I lost my Lass , nothings the same. Thanks about the bikes , the girls aren't a bad bunch but I still feel I need just one more to finish off the set

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 24/03/2024 11:36  

Lass I thought your question was plain and simple . I'm beginning to think I've wandered onto the he, she ,them website for the mentally confused . Do I need to start looking up my pronouns in case I've been insulted and am just too thick to notice.

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 25/03/2024 07:16  

Statement
There is no definition of a biker, as Grumpy said we are trying to put everyone in a box where in fact the diversity of "bikers" is immense. You have the weekend warriors, ride 40 miles to meet up for coffee/ pint with friends and will possibly get away for a week with them friends because of family commitments or the more senior riders who have retired and are able to go off for weeks and will do 5-8K miles on that journey where in truth each of them has the same passion for their bikes and appreciate other riders and their machines.
Go to any weekend rally and observe the diversity and the mutual respect for all riders irrespective of dress or size/type of machine.

Update Reply
Stokeypan man @ 25/03/2024 14:44  

Hmm, now you've introduced class... a whole new kettle of tuna🙄

Incidentally, as someone who rides an adventure bike and wears textile jackets I don't fit into either 'class' so I feel a little marginalised. I will admit to owning a denim cut that I used to wear over a leather jacket but it has been confined to the back of my wardrobe for 30 years . As for a Harley I've never owned or ridden one and probably never will... Oh yes, and I had my long hair cut off in the 1980s

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 26/03/2024 21:13  

Oh dear , Your one of them , an old Geezer on a bike . Snap .

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 27/03/2024 11:47  

Before this goes any further.
Site rules 12.
Offensive or vulgar language will not be tolerated, a constant disregard of this rule will result in a ban (temporary or permanent).  Racial, sexual, religious, ethnic or other slurs are PROHIBITED.  Be polite and respectful of other members of this community at all times...

If this turns into a slagging match I will delete this whole topic.

I truly believe in freedom of speech, so I really do not to delete posts.
Constructed comments Yes.
But slagging matches No.

Keep that crap for Facebook.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 01/05/2024 16:45  

Slasher is a genuine true biker and a well respected member here. That level of respect is not brought about through idle chit chat, but through active involvement in the biker community at large, both past and present.
Surely, any alleged 'slurs' made on Facebook should be addressed there.

Update Reply
Cheshire Muse @ 02/05/2024 09:14  

Ragnar
Could you delete this topic for me or show me how , It will just get more jumping on the bandwagon , which I thought it might, to fight the perpetrators corner .

The initial topic has been answered so thank you guys who replied .

I don't stand out much hope for my next topic instalment 🤷🏼‍♀️

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Before this goes any further.
Site rules 12.
Offensive or vulgar language will not be tolerated, a constant disregard of this rule will result in a ban (temporary or permanent).  Racial, sexual, ...

Update Reply
Blue Angel @ 02/05/2024 22:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email