MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Return to Teesdale

Return to Teesdale (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Return to Teesdale (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Return to Teesdale

Does the campsite have decent toilets and showers? Is it in walking, limping distance of a bar? Anyone have any ideas of lightweight tents for those who don't possess one?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 14/05/2022 14:49  

I dunno didn't go to campsite. I'm sure you will be able to find info on t'internet though 🤔

I have various tents but have found that a three man tent, is better for 2 people, for three/four days, it is fairly light. As you are solo put it across your panniers n rear seat or take off top box n stick it on rack. Bungees of course 😉😂

Compare prices before buying. I got mine from Go Outdoors and it was mid range price, I think it was less than £60 (about 4yrs ago) Easy to put up too. 👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/05/2022 15:26  

Dale View is the campsite XK stayed on, he said the facilities are fine and they have an onsite bar that does food.
It's less than half a mile from the Teesdale Hotel, just outside the village.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/05/2022 16:10  

Not a big camping area, izzy and I had a look at it. Good on site facilities

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2022 16:13  

Cheers for info Danny 😁👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/05/2022 19:03  

Unfortunately, having looked at my diary for the coming months, I have come to the conclusion that I will have to wait until next year to visit Teesdale once more.

I have several gigs and festivals etc lined up from one end of the country to the other.

So, if you do manage to arrange another gathering, enjoy yourselves immensely!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/05/2022 10:19  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Anyone have any ideas of lightweight tents for those who don't possess one?...

Marketplace will have plenty of tents for sale as travel opens up again, or folk who bought in to camping realise that a 3 man tent may sleep 3 men, but ain't great for 3 men to sit in through a rainy day so they upgrade. Look up weight and packed size in reviews but that size would be ideal. As ever, see it pitched if possible but check you have all poles, pegs, groundsheets etc and then put it up at home before doing it for our entertainment xx

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 15/05/2022 10:22  

As an add on to the above ...
Once erected make sure it's waterproof!!! (Hosepipe!)

Bought a tent second hand, looked great, but was like a flipping teabag!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/05/2022 10:35  

Probably too busy for the coming months.people to see places to visit🙂.have a good time whatever yu decide

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 15/05/2022 16:23  

According to reviews the toilets are at the site entrance and shared with the pub🙄
Only 14 tent pitches on a small field... Not convinced

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 15/05/2022 20:31  

I think what I'll do is just go straight to Easter for the next BM do here, although if anyone fancies a run up (or down) here through the summer let me know.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/05/2022 08:18  

Not a bad shout Steve. This Easter will be a hard act to follow with the brilliant rides and plentiful decent accommodation. I've looked at some other dates but it seems Middleton is just too popular 🤣🤣🤣

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 16/05/2022 10:09  

Ramblers booking the place out?

Sounds like a plan Steve 👍🏻😊

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 16/05/2022 15:49  

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?tab=guests&event_id=6613

Get your names down... 🙂

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/05/2022 19:36  

Got my name down but the Teesdale is fully booked???

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 16/05/2022 20:48  

And the Belvedere!!!

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 16/05/2022 20:50  

I tried to book for next year at both Belvedere and Teesdale but neither are taking bookings for next year yet...🙄

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 16/05/2022 21:21  

I was using other websites.. Doh!!!

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 16/05/2022 21:24  

I am not free on 8-10 July but 23rd looks good at the moment. I stayed in a static caravan one year in a lovely quiet site in Newbiggin-on-sea. Church View I think it was called. Was a good base for rides around Northumberland. Just another option to consider perhaps?

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 18/05/2022 08:43  

I posted that before reading the entire thread. It was in response to riding to Lindisfarne, not an alternative to the Easter gig… 😁

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 18/05/2022 08:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email