MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Keeping warm...

Keeping warm... (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Keeping warm... (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Keeping warm...

Don't think you could pick me up Bill I'm too fat lol

Update Reply
JP @ 13/12/2019 10:10  

That's not fat JP, that's insulation 👍👍🏍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/12/2019 11:23  

Your probably right JP but as Jinx said it's good insulation

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 14/12/2019 01:32  

As a cyclist and motorcyclist I find the cycling roubaix bib tights a really good warmer and not too bulky under leathers. Plus they give some warmth to the mid region.

Update Reply
Duketastic @ 23/12/2019 15:46  

Richa Cold Protect GTX gloves, I can be riding 45mins in single digit temperatures before I realise I've forgotten to put heated grips on

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/01/2020 00:58  

Duke has the right idea, I have some of my cycling bib tights that are waterproof and windproof that I sometimes use under my leathers when it's cold, I also often were cycling shorts under my leathers in summer and find them really comfy on a long ride

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/01/2020 01:11  

I usually wear Ron Hills or jogging type bottoms under my leather pants, as well as the cycling base layers. By the way Aldi have just got some excellent fishing clothing in for the bike. Just bought one of the waterproof jackets 😁😂
Great idea with the cycling shorts Bill. Will have to try that one👍✌️

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 23/01/2020 13:15  

Yer Mick get the tight fitting ones so they don't wrinkle up and a padded bum helps for comfort

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/01/2020 15:45  

Will do Bill. Don't want any of that chafing 😂

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 23/01/2020 16:27  

Using eBay looking for warm clothing you can buy some bargains I managed to get a lot of Frank Thomas gear for a fraction of the new price to keep me warm

Update Reply
póg mo thóin @ 25/08/2020 01:53  

I know everyone rates heated and synthetic stuff but ive got a zip join set of buffalo leathers. They're thick enough to stand up on their own and dont melt or bust their stitching when you slide 100 yards down the tarmac after a catapult over a bonnet. Course they're water resisrant rather than proof and take 1/2 week unused to dry out. So i bought myself a set baggy rubberised troons and jacket for when its heavy it down. But i like the leather. Its totally windproof and not sweaty except innthe height of summer.

Update Reply
Declan @ 25/08/2020 17:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email