MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Chatroom Changes

Chatroom Changes - Forums [Biker Match] Chatroom Changes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Chatroom Changes

I've made several changes to the chatroom just now, which will slow down the refreshing of pages and therefore save valuable server resources. This should now slow down the page refresh time, the time it takes to load new chat text and display newly entered users. This is something that we will just have to cope with for now. Please let me know if you feel it has resolved the chatroom problems or not. Thanks ~Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/12/2007 15:54  

This should now slow down the page refresh time, the time it takes to load new chat text and display newly entered users. Call me picky, but aren't half the grumbles already about how long it takes for new chat to be displayed? Will this not just worsen the problem? *awaiting posts with the wording "Leigh you are being picky" LOL*

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 03/12/2007 16:40  

IMHO both Matt and Leigh are correct: chat rooms can be very heavy on server resources and maybe slowing it down will help; on the other hand a slow refresh rate might look as if it is running slow and lead to double posts etc. I guess we''l just have to wait and see.

Have you thought of a Jav chatroom Matt? They don't seem to suffer as much as the more 'traditional' version!

Update Reply
Dangermouse @ 03/12/2007 16:49  

The Chatroom slow...NEVER...lol Just like the owner of the site...LOL Sorry Matt.. could not help myself...

Update Reply
skins @ 04/12/2007 08:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email