MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

A bigger Dent, 2014

A bigger Dent, 2014 (5) - Forums [Biker Match] A bigger Dent, 2014 (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

A bigger Dent, 2014

got tent bike serviced sat nav to fit ready to go

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 10/03/2014 22:30  

What's this tent bike thing? A bit like one of Dusty's trailer tents?

Can't wait to kick off the season back where it all started for me last year.
Better see if the mice have been at my tent ...

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 11/03/2014 09:19  

izzy always forget things like commas and full stops but a tent bike now that would be useful

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 11/03/2014 23:13  

punctuation is overrated anyway

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 13/03/2014 20:34  

Vlad has a .... "bike tent"

Update Reply
Emzed @ 13/03/2014 20:38  

Bump.... cos it's getting close

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/03/2014 18:54  

Anymore interested? If so please put your name down on the event.
And anyone who can't attend I'd be obliged if you could remove your name so I have a better idea of numbers.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 19/03/2014 19:18  

may not be able to attend but not yet sure mum in intensive care will let you know when I do

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 19/03/2014 23:43  

OK Jaffa, hope your mums OK.
See you if you can make it.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/03/2014 21:09  

bike needs a tweek, when we lowered it, left the steering feeling a bit odd, on the left handers, was gonna get it sorted this weekend but we are at rays, so will be the weekend after, so not sure if i will make it now, but will be testing it out on a ride to moffat.....however cud come in my car if someone gives me a ride

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 26/03/2014 19:28  

Only a week to go , I'm getting all excited about it.

So when is everyone planning to come over?

I will be there Thursday, most likely early afternoon.

Chances are I'll stop off at the manor cafe or in Hawes. If anyone wants to meet up on the way there let me know and we can sort a time.

There is some good walking in the area so if anyone fancies a day off the bike, bring your walking boots!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/03/2014 19:54  

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 26/03/2014 21:59  

Interesting contribution there Dusty.

I'll be there Thursday, should be early afternoon too.
Not really thought about route but likely to come down and across from the west. If I don't see anyone around I'll pitch where we were last April (unless you tell me you found a better spot on another trip), and adjourn to one of the villages' fine hostelries - probably the Sun Inn, it's closest!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 27/03/2014 10:04  

Hiya Izzy, I believe that Steve will be there on the thursday. Last time (men only wknd) we camped in tne shelter of the wall . Close to the bogs but upwind. It's a lovely site , village and entire area. We managed to stay dry last time ,,, here's hoping for something similar.

Looking forward to a pint , a good dinner and a roaring log fire down the boozer . After a day in the saddle.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 27/03/2014 19:10  

Your both right, we'll camp behind the wall, but not too near the bogs cos that's the disabled pitch.
And I know XK is "special".... but he's not that special :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/03/2014 19:30  

Now then miss Izzy. I've just noticed that you have referred to my beautiful Dandy Camper as a 'trailer tent' shame on you . And as much as I would love to take 'her' to Dent and then go back for the bike . It's a no no . I believe a biker should be self contained.

So the tent choice , small cotton snuggly or big nylon roomy. Will have to wait for the weatherman.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 27/03/2014 20:32  

I will be landing quite late, as im going to rays this weekend was a little difficult to ask for more time off so soon, so will get there in the dark possibly and i think its gonna be the car, don't want to be riding around in the dark by myself in the middle of nowhere, and its likely that the bike is off for a bit o mainenence before the serious stuff begins anyway.....so will anyone need anything bringing, extra duvets, electric blanket, more beer

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 27/03/2014 23:06  

Friday for me Steve , hopefully around lunchtime . If you're all out on the road .I'll text after I throw the tent up.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 28/03/2014 12:08  

Amazing , it's only three months into the year and I've already used up twelve days holiday. I think I've developed a serious camping habit. Gonner have to go cold turkey for a while and save some for the summer ,,,,, nah . I'll just do some methadone . Otherwise known as days without pay lol.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 29/03/2014 16:37  

You'll have no days left for summer Dusty!
My first camping do of the years starts with this 'ere do in Dent.
I'll see you when you get there.

Who else is turning up Thursday?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 29/03/2014 18:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email