MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

London Ride out to varios known landmarks

London Ride out to varios known landmarks (10) - Forums [Biker Match] London Ride out to varios known landmarks (10) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

London Ride out to varios known landmarks

Hi Ray,

You got it, just after bridge on the right

David

Update Reply
davidneale @ 15/08/2013 20:20  

See you on the day and let us have fun fun fun ??

Update Reply
BigRay @ 15/08/2013 21:51  

See you on the day and let us have fun fun fun ??

Update Reply
BigRay @ 15/08/2013 21:54  

This is the proposed route / Itinerary.

<wordtidy>
Staring at The Minories car park
Sunday 18th August 2013 Meet 10-30 to leave at 11-00am
Leaving carpark we go back around the one way system and over Tower bridge
20 mph strict speed limit
The Tower of London will be seen on the right before crossing the bridge.
Once over the bridge we turn left onto Tooley Street then sharp right onto Tanner Street, bear right onto Druid Street, bear left then right under bridge to Crucifix Lane, turn right onto Bermondsey Street this is a fairly long tunnel under the railway of London Bridge station. At the end of the tunnel turn left onto Tooley Street. After a few 100 yards bear right staying on Tooley Street.
Ride under bridge into Montague Street follow through to Borough Market, sharp right onto Cathedral Street.
Turn right onto Clink Street, Our 1st stop. This is a small prison museum which you can go inside for £7-50. It was once a debtors prison and it is where the term IN CLINK comes from. The Old Thames Side Inn is close by for anyone who needs a quick one. Too early for me though.
We leave Clink Street and enter Stoney Street and take the 1st right onto Park Street, follow round and take 3rd left to stay on Park Street, take right onto New Globe Walk (parking here is not so good). This is the 2nd stop, just a quick one to see the reconstructed Shakespear’s Globe Theatre.
Return back to Park Street and turn right staying on Park Street. This leads into Sumner Street. Follow this to Southwark Street. Follow Southwark St through over lights at Blackfriars Road and into Stamford St. At Waterloo Road take 2nd exit (Straight ) to York Road. The road bears left then right at Westminster Bridge Road. Staying on the south bank the road leads into Lambeth Palace Road. We go past Lambeth Palace ( Residence of the Arch Bishop of Canterbury). If we can stop for a short while we will (subject to parking)
We will take the 3rd exit at the roundabout and ride over Lambeth Bridge. On the north side of the river, take 3rd exit on round about into Millbank. We go past The Houses of Parliament on the right and Westminster Abbey on the left.
At round about take 2nd exit onto George St.
Take 1st right onto Horseguards Rd.
On the right you will see the parade ground for Trooping the colour etc. On the left there is St James’s Park.
At the tee junction, we turn onto The Mall (the main approach to Buckingham Place)
At the end of The Mall we exit onto Constitution Hill. In front of Buck Palace.
At the end of Constitution Hill we need to get the group close together, as we have to negotiate Hyde Park corner roundabout where we take the 3rd exit into Park Lane.
Shortly after entering Park Lane the road bears left then right. We stay on Park Lane until we reach Marble Arch roundabout.
If the park gat is open, we take the 1st exit into Hyde Park.
If gat closed we take the 2nd exit into Bayswater Road then the 1st left into Hyde Park.
We follow the road through the park over the Serpentine and on left there is a car park.
We stop here and can get refreshments at the cafe on the Serpentine. Our 3rd stop.
Leaving the car park we back track through the park and exit left on Bayswater Road.
At Lancaster Gate we turn right (but stay on the left) take 1st exit left onto Gloucester Terrace.
Follow Gloucester Terrace all the way up and at the end bear right for the A40 Westway.
Follow A40 all the way to the North Circular at Hanger Lane. Exit left to roundabout.
Take 3rd exit to A406 North circular north bound.
After a shortish distance take slip road left and follow through to The Ace Cafe on the left.
Park where ever you can. This varies depending on what is going on.
4th stop Time for some nosh and bike ogling.
When we leave the Ace, we go left and follow throught o pick up the A406 North Circular back to Hanger lane and A40.
Take the A40 all the way back to Westway then Marylebone Road central London.
Exit Marylebone Road left at Gloucester Place. This lead into Park Road.
Turn right into Park Gate, then left onto Outer Circular Road (Regents Park)
This takes us around to London Zoo. Just to show people where it is. If we can stop for a short while we will do.
Continue around Outer Circle and exit left at Gloucester Gate, then right onto Albany Street.
Follow Albany Street all the way to Marylebone Rd/ Euston Road and turn left.
Take 1st slip road to Euston Road bear left over main road and then right onto Gower Street.
Follow all the way to Great Russell Street and turn left.
The British Museum is on the left.
This was the planned ride. However I feel there should be more. So maybe I will add more to bring us back to the start point.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE SHOULD BE MORE.
It might be a good idea if you copy and paste to Word for a printout.
</wordtidy>

Update Reply
davidneale @ 15/08/2013 22:06  

Dave you can't drive down The Mall on a Sunday

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 15/08/2013 22:26  

Yikes
I must admit I have never tried Chris.

It looks like a bit of rerouting.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 15/08/2013 22:32  

This bit you can't do. At round about take 2nd exit onto George St. Take 1st right onto Horseguards Rd. On the right you will see the parade ground for Trooping the colour etc. On the left there is St James’s Park. At the tee junction, we turn onto The Mall (the main approach to Buckingham Place) At the end of The Mall we exit onto Constitution Hill. In front of Buck Palace. At the end of Constitution Hill we need to get the group close together, I would go 3rd exit, Whitehall, left Cockspur St, Pall Mall, St James's St, Left Piccadilly to Hyde Park Corner

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 15/08/2013 22:51  

Please ignore my last post showing the route.
Below is the revised route avoiding The Mall.

<wordtidy>
Staring at The Minories car park

Sunday 18th August 2013
Meet 10-30 to leave at 11-00am

Leaving car park we go back around the one way system and over Tower bridge
20 mph strict speed limit

The Tower of London will be seen on the right before crossing the bridge.
Once over the bridge we turn left onto Tooley Street then sharp right onto Tanner Street,
bear right onto Druid Street, bear left then right under bridge to Crucifix
Lane, turn right onto Bermondsey Street this is a fairly long tunnel under the railway of London Bridge station. At the end of the tunnel turn left onto Tooley Street. After a few 100 yards bear right staying on Tooley Street.
Ride under bridge into Montague Street follow through to Borough Market, sharp right onto Cathedral Street.
Turn right onto Clink Street, Our 1st stop. This is a small prison museum which you can go inside for £7-50. It was once a debtors prison and it is where the term IN CLINK comes from. The Old Thames Side Inn is close by for anyone who needs a
quick one. Too early for me though.
We leave Clink Street and enter Stoney Street and take the 1st right onto
Park Street, follow round and take 3rd left to stay on Park Street,
take right onto New Globe Walk (parking here is not so good). This is the 2nd stop, just a quick one to see the reconstructed Shakespear’s Globe Theatre.
Return back to Park Street and turn right staying on Park Street. This leads into Sumner Street. Follow this to Southwark Street. Follow Southwark St through over lights at Blackfriars Road and into Stamford St. At Waterloo Road take 2nd exit (Straight ) to York Road. The road bears left then right at Westminster Bridge Road. Staying on the south bank the road leads into Lambeth Palace Road.
We go past Lambeth Palace ( Residence of the Arch Bishop of Canterbury). If we
can stop for a short while we will (subject to parking)

We will take the 3rd exit at the roundabout and ride over Lambeth Bridge. On the north side of the river, take 3rd exit on round about into Millbank.
We go past The Houses of Parliament on the right and Westminster Abbey on the left.
At roundabout take 3rd exit onto Whithall . At the end of Whitehall enter Trafalgar Square.
Take 2nd available exit to Cockspur Street and at the end bear left onto Pall Mall.

At the end of Pall Mall turn right into St James’s Street.
At the top of St James’s St turn left onto Piccadilly A4
Along Piccadilly we need to keep the group close together to negotiate Hyde Park corner roundabout where we take the 4th exit into Park Lane.

Shortly after entering Park Lane the road bears left then right. We stay on Park Lane until we reach Marble Arch roundabout.

</wordtidy>
<wordtidy>If the park gate is open, we take the 1st exit into Hyde Park.

If gate closed we take the 2nd exit into Bayswater Road then the 1st

left into Hyde Park.
We follow the road through the park over the Serpentine and on left there is a car park.

We stop here and can get refreshments at the cafe on the Serpentine. Our 3rd stop.

Leaving the car park we back track through the park and exit left on Bayswater Road.
At Lancaster Gate we turn right (but stay on the left) take 1st exit left onto Gloucester Terrace.
Follow Gloucester Terrace all the way up and at the end bear right for the A40 Westway.

Follow A40 all the way to the North Circular at Hanger Lane. Exit left to roundabout.

Take 3rd exit to A406 North circular north bound.

After a shortish

distance take slip road left and follow through to The Ace Cafe on the left.
Park where ever you can. This varies depending on what is going on.
4th stop Time for some nosh and bike ogling.

When we leave the Ace, we go left and follow throught o pick up the A406 North Circular back to Hanger lane and A40.

Take the A40 all the way back to Westway then Marylebone Road central London.

Exit Marylebone Road left at Gloucester Place. This lead into Park Road.

Turn right into Park Gate, then left onto Outer Circular Road (Regents Park) This takes us around to London Zoo. Just to show people where it is. If we can stop for a short while we will do.
Continue around Outer Circle and exit left at Gloucester Gate, then right onto Albany Street.

Follow Albany Street all the way to Marylebone Rd/ Euston Road and turn left.
Take 1st slip road to Euston Road bear left over main road and then right onto Gower Street.
Follow all the way to Great Russell Street and turn left.
The British Museum is on the left.

This was the planned ride. However I feel there should be more. So maybe I will add more to
bring us back to the start point.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE SHOULD BE MORE.

It might be a good idea if you copy and paste to Word for a printout.

</wordtidy>

Update Reply
davidneale @ 15/08/2013 23:04  

not long now folk looking forward to meeting new peps and whole day ride whoop roll on x

Update Reply
bic chick @ 16/08/2013 08:35  

So far the weather forecast for Sunday is good

Update Reply
davidneale @ 16/08/2013 08:46  

The following people so far have confirmed they will be coming on Sunday.

Davidneale
Malcolmroger
JohnBee56
BigRay
Crato
Jimmy1976
Lindaloki
Lindaloki's son
Bigchick
MandieCBR
Andysimmo
Wyleecoyote

Thank you to those that let me know they could no longer attend.

Can anyone else who is still coming let me know by PM or on this forum or by phone / text. This just so I know who we are waiting for on Sunday.

Many thanks

Update Reply
davidneale @ 16/08/2013 13:18  

The following people so far have confirmed they will be coming on Sunday.

Davidneale
Malcolmroger
JohnBee56
BigRay
Crato
Jimmy1976
Flumpy
Lindaloki
Lindaloki's son
Bigchick
MandieCBR
Andysimmo
Wyleecoyote

Thank you to those that let me know they could no longer attend.

Can anyone else who is still coming let me know by PM or on this forum or by phone / text. This just so I know who we are waiting for on Sunday.

Many thanks

Update Reply
davidneale @ 16/08/2013 14:29  

I still don't know if I've got the day off yet.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 16/08/2013 18:06  

Chris, Lets hope the boss comes through with you day off.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 16/08/2013 19:00  

I do beleive you mean bic chick NOT BIG CHICK lol and i'm not shouting lmao

Update Reply
bic chick @ 16/08/2013 22:34  

sorry. I must put my glasses on more often.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 16/08/2013 22:38  

is that glasses to make me slimmer lol

Update Reply
bic chick @ 16/08/2013 22:49  

Lol David .. I'm flumpy76 .. But you're forgiven lol ;-) .. You've worked really hard to get this together .. There will be another guy and his pilly coming that I know too :-D

Update Reply
Flumpy76 @ 16/08/2013 23:06  

Looks like I am getting in trouble with the girls tonight

I will get it right next time.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 16/08/2013 23:10  

You've worked hard ;-) so forgiven lol .. Can't wait to see everyone over the wknd ;-)

Update Reply
Flumpy76 @ 16/08/2013 23:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email