MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Servicing ~ Advice Needed

Servicing ~ Advice Needed (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Servicing ~ Advice Needed (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Servicing ~ Advice Needed

Laughing out loud! Nutters.. but lush nutters!!

NHM.. you should write a book.. seriously lol

And and and.. I've stopped smoking so in about 4 weeks I should have the money to pay for her to have the full monty too!

Ellieminx gets Guitar Lessons.. Poppy gets a Service and me.. well me misses smoking but you can't have everything in this life and I get more joy from hearing Minx play Smoke on the Water and Riding Poppy than a quick fag could ever give me..

Thanks for your Invaluable Help.. Will keep re reading and learning as I need too xx

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 05/03/2013 00:02  

lol @ NHM smaller on the rear mate 1/2 teeth probably do it, i did the same thing on my FZX Fazer

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2013 10:03  

first of all. should the dip stick be fully screwed in to check the oil or not. also has this happened to anyone else ever. RIGHT All things regulaly checked. got to bum in mud abs fine no probs. also bike started up no probs. about 3 miles into journey i started feeling knocking sensation coming thru handle bar. then could hear it. at same time engine cut out. just as well id jouind rac

Update Reply
fantasia @ 30/04/2013 00:07  

Firstly, the dipstick should only be "rested" on the crankcase hole where it screws in, in order to check the oil level

It sounds pretty terminal from what you say Val

As if you've lost all the oil somehow

And the crank has run dry and knocked the big ends out

Have you had an oil change recently ?

Is the sump plug still in the crankcase ?

Is there any sign of oil on the underside of the engine ?

I hope it's not what I think it is

Update Reply
Emzed @ 30/04/2013 00:34  

hi mzd. oil ok. but as a precaution had it changed and filter.

mechanic that usually services etc has looked and listened. starts ok then when ticking over after a short while oil light started flashing and it cut out. drained new battery trying to start it again. hes scratching his head.:-(

Update Reply
fantasia @ 01/05/2013 12:13  

Sounds very much like your crank has gone, causing drop in oil pressure...... probable cause- blocked oil strainer in sump

Steve

Update Reply
suzook12 @ 01/05/2013 20:07  

My old CBX550 did exactly that 20 odd years ago,middle bearing on crank,seized on the M1 after I tried to see how fast it would go (130mph incidentally),freed off and ran again but was very noisy!
The things you do when you are young etc.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 01/05/2013 20:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email