MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Active Topics

Active Topics - Forums [Biker Match] Active Topics - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Active Topics

Hi, can anyone explain how the "Active Topics button works, I thought that it may show the current topics that were active, but it seems that this is not the case, so the question is, what gets a topic to show up when I click on the "Active Topics" button.

btw I use Firefox on a linux system.

Update Reply
thehairyone @ 24/05/2012 22:55  

Ah, i asked Matt this last week by PM. Apparently topics in the General Chat/Anything Goes forum, do not show up under the active topic link. Only from the other forums. (Matt can i share your PM reply, or do you want to explain?) So, topics from other forums will show up. Personally i'd like the topics in the General section addded to the active topics links, as i read these/contribute towards these most. Probably because i am the Queen of trivia and drivel!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2012 07:38  

Since Matt separated the forums, into 'active topics' and the other stuff, I often miss threads/posts. I never used to. I've got used to it now but I still prefer the old way.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/05/2012 10:23  

in general, stuff that is posted in the Jokes forum & the General forum do not get promoted to Active Topics. HOWEVER, we as mods have the ability to promote certain topics to the active topics page if we feel it's relevant. The reason Matt seperated the General topics & jokes forum out of active topics was because the active topics was getting inundated with 'non bike related stuff' & events, news etc were getting lost as everyone was posting in the random silliness topics & therefore flodding the first few pages of Active topics. Got it??.......Good....

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 25/05/2012 11:37  

Thanks Stells. I really can't understand why people prefer it the way it was before... it was horrendous! You had to go through 4 pages of drivel before you got to anything remotely bike related or worth reading.

Like most people I don't have time for the chit-chat topics, only a few people have time for them. Therefore I made the decision to remove jokes, general chat etc from the main active topics page to stop people getting frustrated with the site and leaving.

Yes as HFG has said - staff can bump topics up to the active topics page. So, for example, if you post in the general chat forum about a BM member who is in hospital, or other important information which doesn't fit into the other forums... we will of course bump that onto the active topics page when we see it.

BTW, I'm moving this topic into the Website Issues forum (and this will automatically put it onto active topics)

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/05/2012 22:56  

Hi, thanks for the explanations, as i now understand how it works I shall just check 2 locations for what is going on.

No problem

Cheers

Update Reply
thehairyone @ 26/05/2012 00:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email