MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Join the BM Events Team!

Join the BM Events Team! (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Join the BM Events Team! (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Join the BM Events Team!

Does that mean when you say my breasts are looking magnificent on any particular day you could really be saying something else? I'm gutted!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/05/2012 23:23  

Your breast always look magnificent , i can not lie !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/05/2012 23:27  

Ohhh err mrs . lolol. But agree totally.x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/05/2012 23:29  

OK firstly my apologies for being rather lax on my duties of late...just been so much going on here....
Welcome to the new Events Organisers, I sure Matt will agree with me if I say just do as much as you comfortably can, simple ride outs and a regular monthly meeting alone make a great difference.
Wenders..well done with the perserverence on your event....see u soon!
Summers here???? !!!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 13/05/2012 23:45  

@ Minnie the Minx and Turtle20, will check dates for "Butties and Brews at Barn Farm" 3rd June when I finish work tomorrow, sounds like a plan T20.

Btw, if you let me know roughly what you need in the bread/buns dept' I can donate them foc. (as long as there isnt thousands coming, lol)

Update Reply
Laffo @ 14/05/2012 00:12  

Lmf... U can have all the opinions you want, so can i. If I think someone is a moaner it's my opinion, or am I not allowed an opinion? At least I'm not just deleting ur posts if I disagree with what you say, you still get a voice here. It normally is whining and moaning without any real basis to be honest though and always the same 5 people or so.

Laffo... We need an acronyms dictionary for your posts! Lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/05/2012 00:49  

Isn't it amazing that the same people who want to have an anti-attitude for whatever reason turn up on any new thread that it pro BM. Those same people could respond to this particular thread and join the events team, have a say, organise events for others, and get involved. I guess having an opinion is easy, having an opionion which differs from the majority with the intention of causing an argument to make the site look bad is easy, but giving any real time to the site by joining the staff involving many hours of work is not easy. Funny how not one complainer, or to word it better, not one person with a view that differs from the majority and likes to state their opinion on the forums in an argumentative manner has come forward to join the staff.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 14/05/2012 01:22  

Simon, tried that and nobody bothered.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2012 06:13  

Pease Pudding.. Would have been a good addition to the Butties Event.. in my opinion... No way of getting it to event but the thought was there.. Pease Pudding is home made in the traditional ham hock style and with a hint of mint... Man I'm good And LMF.. Everyone I heard from told of what a cracking weekend it was and how there should be another one and that we.. as in us who did not go had missed out on something lush... Soooooo.. organise another one.. your numbers would likey double

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 14/05/2012 08:18  

LMF, i 2nd that - organise another! Work with me to promote it this time. We'll get PMs / emails sent to all the members in the area, put it on the newsletter etc.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/05/2012 08:45  

Yeah LMF I heard how good it was couldn't come to the last cause of work but will definitely be at the next.
How about we have a 'get it off your chest' thread lol.

Update Reply
OMNF @ 14/05/2012 10:51  

Congrats to all involved in this riveting post, you've got my nose out of the Haynes for my blade for the first time this week!
On a more serious note, as a newbie to the site, I've been impressed by the level of organisation that goes into all aspects I've sampled so far.
With any open forum there will and should be differing opinions, there would never be any improvement if everyone was content with the current status quo. HOWEVER, if there is something that you're not happy with or want to change its easier to make a change if you put forward a workable alternative. For those who make the decisions, havings viable options will always be better than having to work it all out solo.

This isn't aimed at any individual or group, its just my opinion. I think we all joined up for similar reasons, to meet like minded people, who share a passion for bikes.
Breathe......
Sorry if that's a bit ranty, why can't we all just get along? Lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2012 13:44  

Having made it to Lowerlode and enjoyed time spent with LMF and Bomb I don't think the event failed on any level. Unfortunately you always get loads of names down who never turn up to anything, don't know why, all sorts of reasons I expect, but I don't think we'll ever change that. It is disappointing for organisers though. With things like KISS the team involved know the difference between names on the event page and ticket sales so we know what to expect on the day - unfortunately that's not the case with smaller non-ticket events which can prove stressful and frustrating.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2012 14:02  

Right, my 50p worth im afraid.................

I went to Lowerlode even if i did turn up in my car and in time for breaky saturday morning. My honest first reaction was (without the swear words of course) "where the feck is everyone". So many had put their names down, and if my brain remembers rightly there were only about 6 or 7 there, then 2 of them left sat morning!!!!

A few more turned up for saturday evening, but only another 5 or 6! All the hard work LMF put into organising this event, and Matt, sorry Boss but i had PM'd 100's of people with the event details trying to help LMF cos she only had her phone at that time and couldnt pm people, and at least 50 answered me saying they were coming but they obviously didnt turn up!!!!!!!!

LMF and Bomb were great hosts, a lovely couple, but i also know deep down they were both very disheartened by the lack of support for their event at an absolutely awesome location!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe so disheartened that it has affected their liking of BM and the members, which, if you all put yourselves in their place for a minute, you may understand!!! Not saying how they are going about their disappointment is right, but a little support now is probably all they need!!!!

Im organising my first BM event, starting this wednesday, and lots say they are coming, as is always the case with events, and im sure after all the grief ive had organising somewhere to accept bikers, where they can relax and have fun with their friends, i will be so disappointed if only 8 or 9 people turn up!!!!

Everyone take time out, relax, and try to be more understanding please, and LMF honey, you know you have my support, and the support of a lot of others, so if you calm down a bit im sure we can all sort out a mutually satisfactory solution???????

Peace and love

Update Reply
wenders @ 14/05/2012 14:56  

Peace and love ????? Wenders hun best get to the docs asap the meds are wrong or you have overdosed

Update Reply
JP @ 14/05/2012 17:27  

Erm I never said it was anything to do with Lower lode. I'm honestly not bothered about the attendance rate of the event, we had a good time, thats all that matters.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2012 18:37  

As somebody who has organised a few things for BM folk, i always work on the prinicple .....

I think of something i want to do, ask folk if they want to join me if they do great if not i'll have fun anyway cos i wanted to do it in the first place lol

Can it be disheartening when you put lots of time and effort in and loads of folk say , yep i'll be there and they dont show, YES, who misses out, they do for not going :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/05/2012 20:11  

Wookii, welcome to the site! That post was far to professional and sensible though, I think you need to go and walk in the door again, this time take some crayons to chew on and a straight jacket like the rest of us.

Hang on, now Wenders is at it, too! Has the nurse stopped everyone's medication or something? Where did all the common sense come from?

Totally agree with all things said, and shame only a few turned up when so much effort had been put in to organising it. But, you probably spent hours PMing 100 people when I could have PMd 5,000 people in 10 seconds (ok 5 minutes, but you get my point).

So, next time - give me a shout when you have organised something. I can even put it on Facebook and promote it there. I have lots of tools at my disposal.

LMF - I know you say you're not bothered... but I would be! I'm be raging if I'd put in loads of time and effort then nobody bothered to show up. Good job you didn't put cash into it. Please do think about running it again, or a similar event, and let me know so I can help you push it to folks

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/05/2012 20:19  

Erm .... boss man .... what tools you got ...

Soooo if anyone else would like to join the events team, you will be most welcome

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 14/05/2012 20:30  

Erm, I don't kiss a&s and I'm normally quiet in forums.... I'm more of an observer than participant.... however there is always an exception to the rule, and sometimes there a time to be vocal.
If it wasn't for Matt there would be no BM and that would mean that there would have been no previous events ever having taken place, no friendships made, no romantic liaisons from far and wide, some of which have become long lasting .. Ive been around since 2008 when BM was nothing like as active as it is now and seen it grow and grow in numbers and events. Clearly Matt can't do it all alone can he, so why make him responsible for everything and have a dig all the time.... even though maybe at times he might be a bit more diplomatic..... Without quoting the obvious, No one is ever entirely right all the time, but BM is a good thing no matter who runs it or contributes to it... isn't it?? You would miss it if it wasn't around and if you disagree, why are you even reading this post? On every site, every forum, you are going to get differing opinions, those with good intentions, the sh%t stirrers, whatever... and I guess this forum by its very nature of relying on the good will of people invites such comments... I will refrain from making personal references to those without those good intentions and question why they wish to post on a site they have absolutely no interest in, and even have malice towards. BM relies on the people who participate for their contribution... the day that people stop organising and/or attending is the day this site dies so basically, ( and I know its stating the obvious) its up to each individual as to how it goes whether they want to add positives or negatives to it. Build it up or bring it down, its entirely up to its members

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 15/05/2012 00:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email