MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

anyone interested in real ale

anyone interested in real ale - Forums [Biker Match] anyone interested in real ale - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

anyone interested in real ale

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2012 11:19  

water malt & hops = real ale

production techniques a bit in dispute at the moment..some lagers make the grade but dont mention craft

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2012 11:21  

i dont know about 'interested in' but have been know to drink a pint or two! lol! my fave is hop head

Update Reply
bagpuss1981 @ 29/04/2012 20:42  

i love Ale watched a very interesting episode of Hairy Bikers where they found out all about Ale - real ale versus lager and actually made some ale on an old style press ... very simple technique apparently ale is our british (or english cant remember which!) drink from hundreds of years ago. It was brewed by peeps at home using simply hops and water and people drank it as it was safer than the water in those days and there was different types, including a light one for children!! and one for mornings and lunchtime!!...people went round to each others houses and drank ale home made.. and the most popular houses became pubs as we now know them lager came in from abroad and had a longer shelf life due to the addition of something (not sure what tho you may know!!) and our King at the time banned lager from his court saying it was disgusting any any thing brewed with ?? in it was not allowed anywhere near his court or castle etc - anyhow lager has a longer shelf life and has more chemicals than ale. so i hope that was of interest pmsl... i have probably missed some bits but it seems that drinkign ale has been a long long tradition in this courntry and long may it continue

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2012 21:08  

Mmmmm beer.. I do like a nice dark porter..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2012 21:28  

Most non cask beers are loaded with chemicals. I clean the beer lines in my local!! Becks is the only larger I'll touch. Nuff said!! As for carling.... just don't get me started!! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2012 21:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email