MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

The Roaches 24/25 Sept 2010

The Roaches 24/25 Sept 2010 (3) - Forums [Biker Match] The Roaches 24/25 Sept 2010 (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

The Roaches 24/25 Sept 2010

Oooooo are we going to share Lady lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/07/2010 09:27  

Sorry Kaz thats Snakebite rally weekend, so I'll be in Ireland. Have a good yime.

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 07/07/2010 14:46  

awwww i would love to do that rally! no probs Stuart.. i'm sure you will enjoy it.

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/07/2010 15:39  

Hi folks , i am chuffed vso many of u are coming! i am going to the roaches on sat to check out the site, and kaz will put it onto events on sunday!. hopefully will be an epic weekend!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2010 17:16  

AND BJ UR ONLY JEALOUS COS MY MOOBS ARE MORE PERT THAN URS!!! LOL XX

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2010 17:17  

Moobs ur rite there but i can put me wonderbra on to comabat that what can u do ???? lol

o and by the way .................. u smell nice today lol is it Beppe Di Marco :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/07/2010 10:07  

will check if it ma wkend off kaz

Update Reply
madhat @ 08/07/2010 10:11  

Hope it is Maryanne!! be good to see you there.. get your name ont events anyway ! Jackie... i think its 'ewwww de Beppe' actually !! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/07/2010 10:14  

hmmm .. lol my boss is already wondering if I am going to work a Friday over the summer ... lol guess the reply is going to be NOPE !!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/07/2010 13:40  

oohh meee too please............sounds like fun.............. xxx

Update Reply
willow @ 08/07/2010 17:29  

I've only just seen this thread, shows how observant I am.It's only about 50 miles from me, so I'm up for it.
Edit: Could somebody add me to the list on the other thread please? Everything I post at the moment is getting weird colours and I'm having to manually add <font> tags to get the colour back

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/07/2010 11:51  

yayyy nice one! its on the events now so get your names down http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_detai...ent_id=954 There's also an attendees forum list so we can get a rough idea of how many are camping, book a field.

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/07/2010 11:55  

I was up in the Peak District yesterday so I had a look at The Roaches.
It's very rugged and bleak, several miles from the nearest pub and very much in the middle of nowhere. It was fairly quiet too, considering that it was a hot Sunday afternoon. I didn't see any wallabies, but I did see a hare and some alpacas.

There was no sign of a proper campsite, just some tents in an empty field. Where are we supposed to be camping?  

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2010 10:25  

Hi Gary Mark and I went up to the Roaches on Saturday and had a look at a couple of fields/campsites nearby. The field you are on about is just that ..a field with no facilities onsite, although the farmer that owns it has access to shower/toilet down at the farm further down the road... and there is a tea room..almost opposite it..and a pub just down the road ( The Rock Inn ) However there is another campsite which Mark had found that belongs to the caravan club and has a proper shower and toilet and a pub right next to the site. We had a chat to the owner and she was lovely and made us welcome. It's a bit closer to Leek, itself and there's also a large resevoir/boating lake nearby. This is a bit further away from the actual Roaches, about 3 miles I think....I'm just waiting for more details and i will post them on here/events calendar.

Update Reply
Karey @ 12/07/2010 10:36  

The camping field was in a really nice spot, it was just the lack of any facilities that concerned me, I think it might put some people off. If there's a toilet/shower a few minutes away I guess it's not too bad, I've been on big sites before where the showers were half a mile across the site.

I saw a Caravan Club site on the A53 just before Upper Hulme, but it had the tent symbol peeled off the sign. Just done some searching and I see there's another one nearer to Tittesworth Reservoir (Blackshaw Grange), so they take tents then?

I'm not sure which site sounds the most appealing now, proper toilets/shower on site or roughing it right up there in the mountains.

Anybody know anything about tracking? I want to see a wild wallaby.  

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2010 11:40  

HI Gary , dont worry mate , i have sourced a nice site and it fits all our needs for the weekend! will be putting all the details on the site this evening ! trust me gary u will be pleasently suprised. catch up with u soon , Mark.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2010 17:19  

This will be such a wicked weekend to finish the whole summer off :) Looking forward to it ... cheers Mark and Kaz

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 12/07/2010 17:37  

Ah if its wilderness will we be on the hunt for Yetis???

Gary i hope your not just looking for showers so you have somewhere to tie yourself up again ???

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 12/07/2010 19:28  

Doesn't there need to be snow to find yetis?
I think north Staffs still counts as middle earth.

I must remember to take waterproof rope this time, the hemp stuff doesn't cope well in water. 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2010 19:38  

Jackie don't start picking on the poor lad again he may think you mean it

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 12/07/2010 19:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email