MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New Feature - Improved Private Messages System

New Feature - Improved Private Messages System (3) - Forums [Biker Match] New Feature - Improved Private Messages System (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New Feature - Improved Private Messages System

clear message jo xx

Update Reply
kaycat @ 29/03/2014 22:11  

i like iit it easssserer to use

Update Reply
kaycat @ 29/03/2014 22:13  

ZZRBabe - the system was broken/old/shit - that's why I fixed/updated it (as requested by a lot of people over the past couple of years).

Emzed, I just fixed a big bug with old internet explorer versions.
If your buttons on the left (conversations list) are "rounded" then you're not affected. If them buttons are "square" at the edges then you would have probably noticed a lot of problems (some of which are now fixed). it's because Internet Explorer doesn't behave itself unfortunately.

Regarding deleting messages etc - that will come tomorrow hopefully or in the coming days. Wanted to just get the system online first (reading and sending messages) to see how it feels for everyone.

Oh, and it's not possible to have both systems anymore. The old system needs to be completely disabled but I just realised how it might be possible for you to access the old system still by mistake

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/03/2014 22:14  

I've got "square" buttons Matt

Some correspondence is missing but some has returned

One major reason for using Explorer was to have all the features

Like the spell checker and fully adjustable smilies in forum posts

Which are not available in Chrome

On the whole though I have no objections in principle to the new format

I suspect that it's a lot more "mobile" device friendly

And with a lot more folk now accessing the site via these devices

I think it's a step in the right direction

I'll have to check it out on my tablet

See if I still get the message that my device is "not rich text enabled"

Update Reply
Emzed @ 29/03/2014 22:33  

Also can't now tell if the person you have emailed has opened it.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 29/03/2014 22:48  

well i think its rubbish i preferred the old system but if you want it keep it but i shant bother using it as i dont like it.as others have said on here they dont like it either.and as for it being broken!! why was it broken i never had a single problem with it!! its always same on any site a few people complain and everyone has to suffer for it.but then that is same all over funny as its us who actually pay for the site yet we dont all get a say as usual

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 29/03/2014 22:48  

I like the 'conversations' being all together.

Harder to spot if a message hasn't been opened.

RB asked how you can delete a message - I can't see how??????

Suppose each has/had it's good and bad points.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 30/03/2014 00:18  

See the "other" thread Iz

In the Website issues forum

It's "work in progress"

Update Reply
Emzed @ 30/03/2014 00:32  

Emzed, i'm concerned that you have missing messages. That shouldn't be the case at all. And it really shouldn't be possible for the messages to change from one minute to the next.
It is indeed more mobile friendly, but still not 100% (I'd like to make a BM mobile app soon, I'm currently studying how to make android apps to get myself started).
You need to use the new version of internet explorer (version 11) to benefit the most from the new system. There is no warning about rich text anymore because Rich text doesn't exist anymore for the messaging system. Sorry.

Rowan, the 2 little green ticks (like on whatsapp) show you if a message has been read or not. A single tick = not read, double tick = read.

zzrbabe, i couldn't care less. It's 3:30am here and I've worked my arse off on this for a few weeks now. We can all be rude can't we. If you don't like it, don't use it. if you want to give some constructive feedback then feel free. But that you feel it's "Rubbish" is just you being a troll. The sooner you go away the better (certainly better for my complaints email inbox).

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/03/2014 02:37  

Emzed - just made a load of changes for those using older versions of internet explorer (so apologies for all the errors you've probably been getting).
I'd be curious to know how you feel about the system using both Internet Explorer vs others (Google Chrome, Firefox etc).

Internet explorer (older than the latest version 11) is a pain in the arse - it just doesn't behave according to normal internet standards

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/03/2014 02:42  

Hate it old way much better why do they mess with something that already works well !!!!!

Update Reply
firebladepaul37 @ 30/03/2014 06:55  

I don't like it either. I was only on here for 2 days finding my way round and suddenly its all different! Put it back as it was please!

Update Reply
Two-wheel-suzy @ 30/03/2014 09:24  

I couldn't use it at first yesterday as I was in IE so quickly tried Chrome and it was fine, just tried it now in IE again and its as sound as a pound and can see all messages....can see no difference yet between IE and Chrome but if I see any I shall say so on here. I think it is a great wee system and is exactly like conversations on mobys or on FB..... far clearer to read and easier to keep track of convo. Thankyou Matt for improving it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2014 12:17  

omg get a grip

good job you guys were not on the rail way comity .....weed still have a chap in front waving a flag

o friends of bill gates

Update Reply
kaycat @ 30/03/2014 12:33  

i like the new set up coz you can open a conversation with a particular person whereas before you had to scroll through all your messages etc so that to me is fabooooo

not used it much to suss about about deleting and spotting new messages etc but i do prefer this format fankoooooo

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2014 12:38  

lmao @ Kaycat

Notifications are the same as before, and as you say Suzi, it is easier to find a particular conversation without having to scroll through pages and pages of previous messages to others.

No doubt there will be teething problems but with a bit of fine tuning and tweeking I think will be an improvement.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2014 13:31  

You're welcome Lulu, thanks :-D
Question: if you view with Internet Explorer, do the names of the conversations on the left appear as squares or ovals? Also, what version of IE do you use (if you press help/about in your browser you will see).

Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/03/2014 14:37  

I'm using an oldie IE9 for browseing but never get any probs with it on my laptop, except for yesterday when I couldn't see any messages but now I can.
When using the IE the names are in squares, when using Chrome as I am now the names are in ovals.
Hope that helps, haven't tried any other browsers yet....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2014 15:14  

Will teach me not to have a look about. Didn't see new format until today lol read everyone's mixed opinions. Its just like getting use to a new phone, swings and roundabouts. Bits you like,bits you hate.

Update Reply
teenybash @ 30/03/2014 15:43  

I think it's brill

You either roll with the changes or get left behind

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2014 15:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email