MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Avebury Re-mix Meet - Saturday 16th May 2009

Avebury Re-mix Meet - Saturday 16th May 2009 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Avebury Re-mix Meet - Saturday 16th May 2009 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Avebury Re-mix Meet - Saturday 16th May 2009

Anybody wanna tell vent where to go? (soz, couldn't resist!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2009 11:53  

I don't think you need worry about the BMF show WB, It has got progressively crapper every year Since the BMF stopped running it. Plus the showgrounds half the size now thanks to the council selling it off for housing. If I can make it to stoneyland I will be there, could possibly sort a group ride down there as I will use the Fosse way to Cirencester then some spanking back roads after the M4. Best laid plans and all that~!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 23/04/2009 12:25  

Ohhhhh XK i know when im not wanted

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2009 12:38  

Numpty question alert...

The BMF don't run the BMF show? You learn a new thing every day!

It'd be fab to see you in stoneyland Ghosty! Plan is a 4 letter word and we don't use them round these parts

Ignore the mean ol' XK Nodrog - we loves ya!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 12:51  

BMF have not ran it for a while, a professional events company do so its not for bikers anymore its for greedy bastids that are only interested in milking as much money from it as they can. I have boycotted it since. The BMF used to be a thank you party to the members by the members, sadly those days are long gone.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 23/04/2009 13:27  

Cool - thanks Ghosty - I shall join you in your boycott... *ahem*

I just assumed it was the same as it ever was.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 14:30  

Most big shows are put on purely to make money so they can put it on again the following year but i know what you mean Ghosty.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2009 17:28  

Difference between making money out of putting on a show (otherwise you wouldn't bother) and profiteering... and knowing the sort of rip-off merchants that events companies tend to be, they'll be the ones gaining the lion's share from the arrangement, rather than the organisation itself... or the ticket prices get pushed sky high...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 17:40  

That said... I can also sympathise with folk getting the pros in once an event reaches a certain size... it's headachey enough organising something for 2-3,000 people... once you hit the realms of the 10,000+ it gets a bit silly

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 17:54  

Its not like the BMF were not used to it though.....I sniff a back hander! Or more likely some tosser at the counsil or insurance company decided they had to have a pro company in for legality. Either way its sucks!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 23/04/2009 19:32  

Le bump

Looks like a cosy little outing so far - anyone else fancy coming out to play?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 27/04/2009 08:26  

Hi lou i live in p/boro and yes the bmf is shite would like to ride out to see the stones, nearly did in feb but it was too cold for bike, will see if im available at a later date

Update Reply
ninjaducati @ 27/04/2009 10:06  

It was pretty much too cold for everything in Feb! Mind you... it did also mean I had the stones to myself when I went out to get some shots with the sun going down

I'll try to sort another date out for mid-July time - the crop circles can be pretty interesting in the area too. All depends on my show bookings as to when I'll be able to make it though.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 27/04/2009 10:24  

You know im going to be there, were's avebury???

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 28/04/2009 16:37  

I'm wondering whether I was entirely wise to tell you that you wouldn't need a navigator for Ireland 2Wheely

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 28/04/2009 19:01  

July sounds Good WB Should be back on dry land by then Have fun in May Will be bitwarmer than Feb

Update Reply
micksaway @ 29/04/2009 03:04  

Cool - will check what my bookings are like and aim for a mid-July date

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 29/04/2009 08:23  

I think I will be there have to speak to Cataraptor who is coming to see me that weekend if so we both will be there. As for the date I am glad and sad you didnt choose the 21st (Summer Solstice) cor that would be crowded....no room for the market even LOL. Moon x

Update Reply
moonstone @ 29/04/2009 10:59  

Great stuff - be good to see Cata again and to meet you Moon, so hope you both can make it

As for Solstice weekend... if you're feeling very brave, go for it! It's really quite an experience but it's got so packed there, I find it too much these days. It's interesting to see people doing their Solstice thing and it's a great atmosphere... but I most definitely wouldn't attempt going by car... and even going by bike, either go the day before & camp over somewhere or head over before the crack of dawn as you just can't get close to it later in the day.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 29/04/2009 13:39  

Nah I will give the solstice a miss I think but one year I would like to go. Cat and I are almost definate coming I spoke with him earlier Be good to se you at long last and see/catch up with others. Lin

Update Reply
moonstone @ 29/04/2009 17:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email