MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

special biker spot

special biker spot - Forums [Biker Match] special biker spot - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

special biker spot

my dads ashes are coming home.....my mother wants me to take them on a bike ride and then scatter them at a nice biker spot....i am looking for somewhere serene and peaceful with nice views and a place that bikers hold special too....i would prefer it to be a quiet place so that i can say my final farewell to dad and shed a tear or 500 without lots of peolple around.....any suggestions please

Update Reply
disney13 @ 11/10/2010 14:18  

There are some good roads around the lakes and some very qiuet places

Update Reply
JP @ 11/10/2010 14:33  

sorry I can't think of anywhere in particular, but that's a really nice idea which I'm sure your dad would have wanted. Sorry for your loss. Welcome to BM.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/10/2010 14:55  

Sorry for your loss, i am sure some of the folks up north can give you some advice on a good biker spot

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/10/2010 15:15  

Sorry for your loss Disney.

The immediate place that occurred to me for up north was somewhere along the Cat & Fiddle (A537 Buxton to Macclesfield). The whole road is legendary amongst bikers, and I'm sure you would be able to find a nice quiet spot somewhere along its length.

Update Reply
Drum @ 11/10/2010 17:04  

Hi there and welcome to BM, I would suggest somewhere that was special to both your Dad and your Mother as well, perhaps ask her for suggestions. Hope you find a good place for him to ride free.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 11/10/2010 19:46  

matlock bath is also an option

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/10/2010 19:48  

Sorry for your loss hon, but what a lovely thought

The poderosa?

Its high up, lovely roads & scenery & very popular with bikers

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/10/2010 20:40  

A day trip to the Isle of man and somewhere along the TT Course? You should easily find a quiet spot some place up on the Mountain at this time of year.
Welcome to BM, by the way

Update Reply
Wills @ 11/10/2010 21:03  

Sorry for your loss,
Some of the high passes in the lake district are very quiet, as are the Yorkshire Dales,
The Trough of Bowland also springs to mind.
These areas are also quite close to where you live.

Update Reply
marsey @ 12/10/2010 02:28  

Hi, Sorry to hear of your loss. Must be somewhere remote and beautiful around here. Plenty of known biker spots, kirby etc, but mostly will be busy. Will gladly come with you for support when you choose to do it, just say the word x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/10/2010 13:28  

Hi, I'm sorry about your loss, the lakes ahve some lovely places, maybe some where along the Holston pass, it's lovely up there. My thoughts are with you.

Update Reply
retrofan @ 12/10/2010 13:55  

Hi Disney, sorry for your loss hon, hope you find somewhere you can return to for quiet reflection.
l am from the south and dont know anywhere near you so all l can offer is this: l went for a week to the lsle of Wight. l thought it was the perfect place for a biker to be in. lt reminded me of a cross between Cornwall in the old days and lsle of Mann now. Stunning is a word that is way too overused these days, but if you head to the needles, ride up the road to the coastguard cottages ( there is a sign that says no motor CARS.... so l ignored it ) there is a 360* view that nearly brought me to tears. ( nothing has done this since l was 14yrs old ) My girlfriend did cry and we both found it really emotional. lf it is a pilgramage you are after l would reccomend it, but wouldn't realy call it a biker spot.
All the best to you and your family,
Kane.

Update Reply
stonecoldkane @ 12/10/2010 14:15  

oops sent this twice...

Update Reply
stonecoldkane @ 12/10/2010 14:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email