MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Anyone interested in speedway

Anyone interested in speedway - Forums [Biker Match] Anyone interested in speedway - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Anyone interested in speedway

Being local to sheffield i have followed sheffield tigers speedway for many years , I wondered if anyone has the same passion for there local team where ever they live. I have visited quite a few stadiums in the past from one end of the country to the other. If you dont know about speedway and or would like to know what happens i have posted the sheffield for you to view http://www.sheffieldspeedway.com/ I hope no one minds

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 27/03/2007 04:22  

Used to be regular speedway supporters but think both the local teams we supported lost their tracks. When I lived in Kent - Canterbury Crusaders were our team - went for many years, kids had all the supporters gear - loved it!! Lost the track so no more speedway!!! Then moved further north - Long Eaton was our local track - blow me down, went for a couple of seasons same thing happened!!! How unlucky is that!!! Track at Long Eaton now empty and derelict whilst battle to save/restore it still going on - been a long while and still nothing happening there - shame uh??!!! Not moving area again just to get a local team - would probably be kiss of death to it anyway lol!! although, have made the trip to Peterborough a couple of times since being in East Mids, but its not really that local to us. Nice to hear from an ongoing fan tho............great entertainment, great night out, great sport!!! miss it!! Sandy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/03/2007 07:41  

never been to watch at the stadiums but used to watch a lot on the box, haven't seen any for ages tho.

Update Reply
Di @ 27/03/2007 15:39  

Hi Im a big fan of speedway, I follow Poole Pirates and Weymouth Wildcats, and I also watch Speedway on Sky Sports, its the only thing good about the summer season. Have been a fan since my first match in 1974 and have been hooked every since. Red star

Update Reply
red star @ 27/03/2007 15:42  

Hi ya red star, welcome to bm hun I haven't watched for a while cos been studying bit ya never know, has the season started yet and if not when?

Update Reply
Di @ 27/03/2007 16:10  

Hi Thomsondiane, thanks for your welcome . yes Speedway season started last week at long last.

Update Reply
red star @ 27/03/2007 17:17  

ooooo, off to have a look, cheers hun.

Update Reply
Di @ 27/03/2007 18:35  

I havent seen speedway in years. Used to go to Belle Vue in Manchester and watch the Aces. Its a brill atmosphere. Even sitting about 20 rows back from the track you can get a liberal coating of the mud as they broadside past you. Great fun.

Update Reply
dazpants @ 27/03/2007 21:04  

hi red star welcome to bm, watch out cos madness starts settin in the more posts ya do !!!!!!!!!!!! used to go to long eaton but thought that was banger racing not been for years, but used to luv goin

Update Reply
storm @ 28/03/2007 13:08  

My brother is probably Speedways number one fan, so much so that he sponsors an up and coming young rider. He follows Newcastle Diamonds all over the country. I used to follow Teeside Tigers, they are no longer a team, but I used to love it. I gotta admit I do love to watch Straightliners, my other brother just built a drag bike woohoo and I am gonna kill it for him at Elvington hehehe

Update Reply
Bikerjulia @ 28/03/2007 13:18  

Hi Storm, thanks for the welcome and the warning, but to be honest I'm already mad an could I possibly get any worse ? red star

Update Reply
red star @ 28/03/2007 16:38  

Hi there Bj would like to do elvington this year not been there for awile .I do like all forms of motorsport as i have forfitted going to the speedway tonight so i can afford to go to donnington on saturday

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 29/03/2007 14:52  

Hi Storm I must be showing my age now but i watched speedway at long eaton and stock car racing , and as a few of you guys out there says circuits and tracks are dissapearing all over i went to belle vue when there was a zoo there now there is houses there and track is at the back of where it was . It is nice to here people supporting teams up and down the country

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 29/03/2007 14:59  

hey red star ya madness will become more noticeable after hangin around here for a while gee graham i was only a little gal when long eaton had stock car racing was goin, an i remember sunday girl by blondee was being played over the tanoy, might has been another blondee song cos no good wiv dates at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
storm @ 30/03/2007 12:50  

Hi storm ha! ha! ha! i have to blondee album parallel lines with sunday girl on it

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 01/04/2007 13:45  

Oh God graham - You are making me feel old now lol. I remember the Belle Vue zoo now you mention it.

Update Reply
dazpants @ 01/04/2007 14:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email